Can I email JUST an attachment into Evernote?

I have been using emailing into Evernote for awhile. It is a great feature. And I understand the process as well as how to add notebook and tag identifiers in the title. But when I forward an email with an attachment Evernote will save the entire email text as well as the attachment. Is there someway to tell Evernote to just save the attachment and not the entire email?

Thanks in advance. 

• Level 5*

I have been using emailing into Evernote for awhile. It is a great feature. And I understand the process as well as how to add notebook and tag identifiers in the title. But when I forward an email with an attachment Evernote will save the entire email text as well as the attachment. Is there someway to tell Evernote to just save the attachment and not the entire email?

Thanks in advance.

If I understand you correctly, you're sending an email to your evernote address that has

text

text

<attachment>

But you don't want the text saved.

Personally, I would delete delete the text from my email message before sending it.

My email client, Apple Mail allows this.

• Level 5*

Yup,  I think most mail accounts would allow you to edit a forwarded message.  There's no other way (AFAIK) 'just' to send an attachment - the only other option being to drag and drop it onto a desktop and then into a note.

• Level 5*

Why use email at all if you're only interested in the attachment?

In EN Win, just save to, or drag to the Evernote Import folder.

In EN Mac, just drag to the Evernote icon in your Mac Dock.

Is there someway to tell Evernote to just save the attachment and not the entire email?

• 1 year later...

I just signed up for Evernote Premium and I don't understand accepting only the attachment of the email is not possible. We receive 100 of invoices a month and I would like to automatically forward them to Evernote so the PDF's are stored for later processing. I've seen some topics on this, but I'm a bit disappointed such a basic feature is not possible in such a mature product.

We don't need the email contents, just the PDF invoice. Drag and drop is not doable for us.

Maybe Evernote should make 2 email accounts for every user, 1 for processing the whole email and 1 for just the attachments?

Has there been any improvement or is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Level 5*
On 13/09/2017 at 8:23 AM, Jan G. said:

We don't need the email contents, just the PDF invoice. Drag and drop is not doable for us.

As the invoice is a PDF it will display 'inline' (you'll be able to see the contents) when attached to a note (unless you decide to opt otherwise).

You will be able to either

1. set up an email 'rule' to forward all invoices (with their accompanying emails) to your Evernote account email address
  2. select and forward them manually - it would be possible in that event to Ctrl-A the email and delete the contant entirely if you wish.
  3. manually strip the attachments from the email and drag/ drop them into a folder on your computer to be forwarded to Evernote as a note.  The PDF filename would be the note title.
    This process requres an Import Folder or a scripting alternative for MacOS

These (AFAIK) are the only options available.  I'd encourage you to try all of them out to see which (if any) is most suitable for your use case.

Archived