Help! How do I restore erased contents of a note?

I accidentally erased the contents of a note while editing it on my iPhone and the note is there but how do I restore the contents? normally I would just do command/Z (undo erase) if I was on the computer but the phone does not allow me! Help!! How do I recover the contents of the note? thank you so much. this is scary how all this work can just disappear with a simple typo

• Level 5*

If you are a premium user, or become a premium user, you can use the history function on the desktop to see if there is a prior version of the note with the deleted content.  Other than that, not much to be done, sorry.

• Level 5*

The iPhone iOS does provide an undo, but not CMD+Z.

Just shake the phone until you see an "Undo" popup.

But it only works while you are still editing the Note.  Once you have gone back to the Note list, it won't work.

That's probably too late now, so using the Premium Note History is probably your only hope.  Even if you're not Premium now, if you upgrade to Premium for only 1 month, it will give you access to the Note History.

See How to use note history in Evernote 

I accidentally erased the contents of a note while editing it on my iPhone and the note is there but how do I restore the contents? normally I would just do command/Z (undo erase) if I was on the computer but the phone does not allow me! Help!! How do I recover the contents of the note? thank you so much. this is scary how all this work can just disappear with a simple typo

But it only works while you are still editing the Note.  Once you have gone back to the Note list, it won't work.

That's probably too late now, so using the Premium Note History is probably your only hope.  Even if you're not Premium now, if you upgrade to Premium for only 1 month, it will give you access to the Note History.

This is amazing!!! Thank you so much. You are right I cannot recover my note but I just tried typing random stuff in Evenote, erased it and then shook the phone and it said "undo typing" - this is SO HELPFUL for the future! Thank you so very much. I just wonder if I become a premium member will they let me see note history that is before i became a member?

Either way thank you so much, I was really worried about the possibility of erasing notes that I still have there, but now I know how to undo it. Probably can be done when writing an email as well, can be really annoying if a bunch of text gets erased, but now I just shake the phone:) Thanks a lot!!

If you are a premium user, or become a premium user, you can use the history function on the desktop to see if there is a prior version of the note with the deleted content.  Other than that, not much to be done, sorry.

Thanks! Do you know if I sign up now to be premium - will I see the old history before I signed up or will it only start saving versions once I signed up? Thanks so much.

• Level 5*

You are welcome.  Versions of the note before you signed up are in note history.  The history snapshots are taken during the day, not clear exactly when.  To be clear, if the lost content was entered the day before the accidental deleting it should be there.  If the content was entered earlier the same day it may not be.

This is amazing!!! Thank you so much. You are right I cannot recover my note but I just tried typing random stuff in Evenote, erased it and then shook the phone and it said "undo typing" - this is SO HELPFUL for the future! Thank you so very much. I just wonder if I become a premium member will they let me see note history that is before i became a member?

Either way thank you so much, I was really worried about the possibility of erasing notes that I still have there, but now I know how to undo it. Probably can be done when writing an email as well, can be really annoying if a bunch of text gets erased, but now I just shake the phone:) Thanks a lot!!

Success! I was able to recover the note after signing up for one month of premium. I turned off the automatic renewal right away so I don't forget. Thank you so much!

You are welcome.  Versions of the note before you signed up are in note history.  The history snapshots are taken during the day, not clear exactly when.  To be clear, if the lost content was entered the day before the accidental deleting it should be there.  If the content was entered earlier the same day it may not be.

Success! I was able to recover the note after signing up for one month of premium. I turned off the automatic renewal right away so I don't forget. Thank you so much!

Archived