Feature/Functionality Suggestion: Restore notes with "Undo" / Control-Z

I use Evernote for my GTD system. Accordingly I create, edit, and move notes between notebooks frequently, probably something like 50 times a day a lot, and pretty much only by hotkeys/key-strokes.

Occasionally I delete a note or move a note accidentally into the wrong notebook, and by instinct I hit "Control-Z" to "undo" the move/deletion. Unfortunately nothing happens, and then it's a drag because I need to fish around for the note -- sometimes I don't even know what notebook I put it into, or worse, which note I moved by accident -- and then I have to do an F6 and/or sort my reference or trash notebook chronologically until I find the note.

If the "un do" function could be expanded to be able to restore notes when they are deleted or moved to a different notebook, that would truly be a major feature improvement.

Thanks for considering, great product.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1.  I lost a couple of notes the other day while doing some testing of various filing and naming options and testing use of my scanner and the built in Android document camera.  Would have really been nice to "undo" a couple of times when I accidentally used the "back" key to delete an entire imported image.  

Really need and UNDO button in all versions. 

"Control-Z" strikes me as something that should be standard equipment, like "Reverse" on your car. It's a norm, and people expect it. In Behavior Driven Development or Test Driven Development, these kinds of things are taken into account at the very beginning – helps avoid waking up to a gaping hole when the product has been already delivered.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, awgroverpe said:

I lost a couple of notes the other day while doing some testing

I usually go to the Trash notebook for theses situations

Well I just discovered that the desktop client DOES have an undo function (in the menu as well as CTRL-Z).  Don't know why I couldn't find that the other day. 

Also, CTRL-Z does work inside the web client, even though there is no menu function for Undo in the web client.    

I swore I looked for an Undo the other day, and couldn't find it.  Maybe it was because I was just in the web client at the time, and CTRL-Z is not a natural thing for me to do.  I didn't even realize that was a "standard" until recently.  

Learned something new today.  It has been a good day so far. :)

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, awgroverpe said:

Well I just discovered that the desktop client DOES have an undo function (in the menu as well as CTRL-Z)

Are you referring to an  undo of text changes in the body of the Note, or to Note deletion?

• 2 months later...

+1. Undo is very important when accidentally move a Note to a wrong Notebook,

... but also when you accidentally Tag / UnTag one or more Notes, which in some cases results on loosing this/these note/s from your search results (i.e., when you search for more than one note to unTAG altogether or some of them)! 

Archived