auto checkbox

sheanon

Idea

Similar to the windows desktop app.  I would like to be able to highlight a bunch of text in my notes and then press a button to make them all checkbox (todo) lines such that the carriage return delimits each task.

This is much faster than adding a checkbox for each line.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

4 replies to this idea

Similar to the windows desktop app.  I would like to be able to highlight a bunch of text in my notes and then press a button to make them all checkbox (todo) lines such that the carriage return delimits each task.

This is much faster than adding a checkbox for each line.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Thanks Sheanon, 

The behavior you describe is similar to bullet and number lists. 

Our checkboxes are currently more of "insertions", like images, than "lists". It's actually a bit of an hybrid. 

That's probably something we'd need to change across all apps.

Creating checkbox list seems a stronger use case than inserting single checkboxes in text, so that would make sense.

This is in our product backlog. 

We don't give estimated time.

Except for the developments we've started, most of the things keeps moving. 

We'll tell people when this is available in beta, potentially when we start working on it for feedback / clarifications on the need.   

yes it's just like lists...  and I believe it does work in the desktop app when you highlight a bunch of text with carriage returns.  I'm just asking is it possible to make that consistent across all platforms.

from what you're saying then this is not available in Android Beta despite what the previous reply suggests?

Agreed. I'd like the bulleted lists to function like other unnumbered list formatting, i.e. be able to be indented as hierarchical lists. That way I can create a task list with subtasks that can be easily checked off.

Archived