Flaky iOS share extension

drfrot

Idea

If anything gets me ditching Evernote and finding an alternative it'll be this: an unreliable share extension in iOS. Does anyone else get this? I go through the motions of sharing content from somewhere within iOS, choose my Notebook, edit my title, press that Save button, then…

Nothing.

The note never appears in Evernote.

Symptom of how I'm feeling increasingly about Evernote these days – it's simply not reliable enough to be the repository for all my ideas & notes.

If anyone has any advice as to how to improve the reliability of the share extension from the user's aspect, I'm all ears, but I'm thinking this is probably another for the developers.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Please submit a bug report.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

If anything gets me ditching Evernote and finding an alternative it'll be this: an unreliable share extension in iOS. Does anyone else get this? I go through the motions of sharing content from somewhere within iOS, choose my Notebook, edit my title, press that Save button, then…

Nothing.

The note never appears in Evernote.

On twitter, I mentioned seeing this problem when "sharing" from Reeder and was contacted by @evernotehelps.  They asked me to detail what version of iOS, Reeder and Evernote I was using.  

After I wrote back I got a nice tweet asking me to contact Apple support.  Worse than useless...

Archived