Speculation about future of Evernote, specifically the Market

I just noticed this article:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3010256/is-evernote-getting-out-of-the-retail-business.html

It would be a shame to see Evernote withdraw its efforts from the Market. I think they make excellent products (albiet expensive ones). I do think the physical products are inline with the concept started by its digital note taking app, and I was actually under the impression that it was generally a good source of revenue for the company.

I for one did notice the sales the last weeks and purchased a number of items.

• Level 5

There have been a lot of complaints mentioned on this forum regarding the Market - problems with billing, incredibly high international shipping costs, difficulty in tracking a shipment. The PC World article has some other legitimate points. Especially the comment about the progressively deeper sales over the past few weeks.

A couple months ago, the new Evernote CEO said "we will launch major foundational product improvements around the core features that you care about most, and we will pull back on initiatives that fail to support our mission."

I would not be surprised to see the Market initiative fade away.

• Level 5*

Always felt to me like a toy for the CEO who was bored with his software. Handily it brought in some $$s too, but the stupid pricing and international shipping costs just showed how half baked the whole thing is/was.

Archived