Backspacing and Pasting issues

Hi,

Long-time EverNote user and first time Discussion visitor/poster. For the last few months, a few quirks have developed. Perhaps they are considered preferential features, but I am unaware how to circumvent.

1. When backspacing to remove a line from a note, it doesn't stop at the current indentation. It then clears the indentation back to the beginning of the line. Other delete features act similar.

2. When copying several lines that include indentations, upon posting somewhere else (perhaps another line in the note or another note) additional indentations are added.

When dealing with either of these on my iPhone or iPad, I cannot add or remove indentations.

So my 3rd question is, why are we not able to control indentations on mobile devices?

Thanks,

Jon

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's always useful to know what OS you have and exactly where the issues you have are appearing - forinstance;  are all the backspace/ delete and indentation issues in iOS on iPhone and iPad,  or does this overlap with your desktop?  Generic fix for mobile issues is to sync fully with the server to save all your notes,  then uninstall / restart / reinstall with the latest version of Evernote.  On the desktop (if that's an issue) I'd suggest making sure the app is up to date.  There are differences between different editors in different OS's,  which Evernote are just now addressing,  so while I don't think there's anything you can do specifically,  things might be improving soon.  If you feel that these issues are affecting your work,  you could raise a bug report - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.

Thanks for the reply. The backspacing issue occurs on my Windows 7 computers. I uninstalled and reinstalled EverNote on one of them and it did not fix the problem.

The indentation issues occur on my mobile iOS devices (iPhone and iPad). When I copy and paste something that includes an indentation, it typically adds another indentation. I am not able to add or delete indentations on the iOS devices.

These are weird issues to deal with. Hope they are looking into them.

• Level 5*

New iOS and WIndows versions should be due - they're actively working on various editor problems which might address your issues.  In case they're not,  why not send in a bug report as encouragement?

Archived