Apple News app not clipping into Evernote

GWoodbridge

Idea

On both my iPhone 5s and iPad Air 1, in the News app, when I try an clip an article and select Evernote, it never saves it.  The window is there with the spinning icon and I eventually have to Cancel the request.

Has anybody else had this problem?

I'm running latest Evernote update and latest iOS 9.1.

Thanks

• Like 2

22 replies to this idea

Same problem here.

And not just in Apple News. When I try, for instance, to share to evernote from the Nytimes Ipad app, the same thing happens. Sometimes even when sharing from Instapaper the screen gets stuck.

I've been using evernote for years and the sharing button in iOS is a great feature. But please, make it work!

Yes, I've been noticing this too. And sometimes it just works. I noticed that when the thumbnail loads quickly before I press save, then it's going to work, but if the thumbnail doesn't load, then the clip will fail. 

I have discovered that if I change from my EN default folder to any other and then back again, it works.

• Like 1

Update.

I got an iPhone 6s for Christmas and with iOS 9.2 and Evernote Version 7.9.2, the sharing seems to be working now. (From news app with Fortune and Men's Health articles)

As a workaround, I would share through email.  I set up a new contact with my Evernote email address.  Named it Evernote Upload.  I start typing that in the To: field and it pops up.  Select it and send.  On my iPhone 5s, this was faster than waiting on the Evernote share.  

On the 6s, the Evernote share is just as fast as the email share. 

Any solution to this problem yet?  We are now on iOS 9.3.1 and the [annoying] problem still exists with a vengeance.

I even deleted & re-installed Evernote from my iPad in an attempt to fix it.  The problem still persists (Chrome, Safari, etc.).

Is this a wide-spread issue that no one cares about, or, is this a rare problem that exists on only a handful of iPads? 

This is still an ongoing issue. My only solution is to delete evernote from your device, then reinstall it.  Don't change the default notebook when clipping.  Afterwards, just go into the evernote app and change notebooks there.  If you select a different notebook while clipping, you will break it and end up exactly where you are now.

Note:  If you have to clip a pdf from the web, email it to your evernote account.  Don't use everbroke clipper.  It can't do pdf's without breaking.

This is the only solution.  The evernote tech support is non-existent, or worse, doesn't appear to care about its customers (...and I'm a Premium Evernote Business Customer for many years now).

If you find a better solution, please let me know.  It will brighten my day.

• Level 5

This thread have been quiet for 4 years now.

What the heck, you say, probably they are all exhausted from searching for their missing clips.

What the heck, I say, there were no problems since.

If nobody else shows up, ask support.

Any tips on how to work around this bug in Evernote web clipper?

clicking ‘share to Evernote’ in apple news should result in the text and images being clipped to Evernote .. but instead you get inconsistent results … just a link sometimes, other times a subscription paywall. 

looks like the system is making a call to the underlying web page and trying to clip from there … 

• Evernote Expert

Can you describe in simple steps what you are doing so that we can attempt to reproduce the result?

Also please tell us your device and version of Evernote.

I'm confused by the combination of the word Share and the use of Web Clipper. Share would be a mobile device approach. Web Clipper is a desktop application.

I am also experiencing this issue.

I just subscribed to Appple+ News. When I see an article I want to keep or a food recipe I double click on it. It opens in the Apple News App., not on the web so Web clipper does not work. When you double click on it. A menu appears that has copy share spelling, grammar etc. Copy copies the link that can be pasted into Evernote but it only opens the link after it is in Evernote. Share from that menu does not include Evernote which would be great, You can email it message it etc. but it still only gives you the item in Apple News. I also tried the bookmark for Apples Saved Stories then dragging it to Evernote. It appears to drag it but you do not see it dropped into Evernote. Thanks in advance for your help.

EVernote Free Version, they are current too much info on the About Screen for Evernote desktop. Web Clipper is also current can not locate version. Running on MacOS Big Sur 11.7.2. Been running Evernote sine 2014. Everything works as expected except this Apple+ News app. This is a paid subscription app. Could be DRM related.HOpe this info helps.

Thanks for the feedback. It is not a website. Some of the articles are behind a paywall, but I have paid and I am a subscriber. I realize it is user to user and there is a lot of knowledge out there. Thanks I see you are a L5. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong and thought I may find a work around of some sort. Work around like maybe print to a pdf and then input from pdf into Evernote. I have seen others wanting to do the same thing. I would assume, but not official that the EN team monitors these forums but have no responsibility to address or fix any issues from here, but use it as an input to develop new features. Anyway, what seems to occur or not is a normal cut and paste works on stuff not displayed from the Apple+ News but not from Apple+ News. I need to find some other news apps, RSS feeds etc. to see if the same situation occurs. This would indicate Apple or Evernote limitation.