David68

How to uncheck boxes in a list

Is there a way to uncheck all boxes in a list, from the phone app? For example a grocery list is made, you check all the boxes that you have gotten all the groceries you wanted, then you want to uncheck all the boxes at once so you can reuse this list. Thanks.

Nope,  sorry - you could save a 'standard' blank template and copy that to a new note each time you go shopping...

This is a stupid kludge, but it works.

Copy your list, with checked/unchecked boxes.

Paste into a Word document (no, notepad does not work -- it will include brackets and Xs)

Copy the list from Word back to Evernote. Now you have a plain text list without checkboxes.

Select the list in Evernote, hit Shift-Ctrl-C. (Or the comparable combination on a Mac)

Now you have a clean list with unchecked boxes.

7 minutes ago, waisel said:

Select the list in Evernote, hit Shift-Ctrl-C. (Or the comparable combination on a Mac)

Request was made specifically for "phone app", either Android or iOS (the user didn't specify). No way to do this in the Android app, as far as I can tell.

Windows has "Check all" and "Uncheck all" commands, which I use regularly. Mac and Android do not. As a LOOONG time Evernote user, I find the inconsistency in commands between platforms to be very frustrating (to put it mildly and more politely than I actually feel).

• Like 2

I just use my notepad app for this and most things since Evernote doesn't offer this basic feature.

This is how I clear all checkboxes:

Select all

Turn off checkbox formatting

Turn on checkbox formatting

My list is now all unchecked 

It it wasn't a pure list, e.g. if there were paragraphs in between checkboxes, then I suspect the paragraphs would end up with checkboxes.

• Like 7

Looks like this feature was added:

Select everything you want check or uncheck. Does not matter if you include text that does not have checkboxes.

Do a long right click (hold it down for a second or two) on the selected area and release.

A drop-down window should appear where your mouse right clicked.

Move your mouse pointer to "To-Do" and then click either "Check All" or "Uncheck All".

That should do it.

Note I am using the Windows Desktop version of Evernote 6.7.5.5825 (305825) Public (CE Build ce1.28.2184)

• Like 1

Apparently "check/uncheck all" still only works on the Windows desktop version? So add "to-do lists" to the list of "Things Evernote Is No Good For." Sigh.