Firefox Web Clipper 6.1

chanatx

Idea

Web Clipper 6.1 is again available for download and we are still awaiting the final approval from Firefox.

Firefox Web Clipper 6.1 can be downloaded here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/versions/

Several fixes have been included:

• CPU load reduced greatly, should make it smoother to work with in general and especially when you have many tabs open.
  • We believe we have fixed most occurrences of the missing toolbar button. 
  • Fixed issue that threw error message 'EDAM-USER....' when trying to save a clip.
  • % symbols at beginning and end of strings on options page. 

Please note that it may take Firefox 3-5 months to review this build and give it final approval. After which users will automatically updated.

Feel free to report any issues in the 6.1 build in this thread. Please include as many details as possible as well as the Firefox and OS versions.

33 replies to this idea

3 hours ago, Krunoslav said:

It seems that the Web Clipper 6.1 is broken.... AGAIN... with the new Firefox version above Firefox 44. Its the same symptoms, after short use Firefox browser becomes extremely and I want to underline here extremely sluggish. The user interface takes forever to load with lag of up to 4-5 or even 6 seconds. Things like opening menus and switching tabs for examples. Same problem exists when trying to invoke right click menu anywhere on the screen or if trying to scroll trough the page.

After disabling web clipper everything works as it should. Turn it back on and after short use the same problems. This is the same problems that have plagued the web caliper 6 from the beginning. And many users have complained about it in the past including myself numerous times. Which leads me to only one conclusion. Web clipper 6 is like an appendix  something Evernote company does not care about or want. After over 2 years "in development" it came out buggy as hell and fundamentally broken from inception. Who ever was coding it in their spare time, does not know anything about Firefox extensions and it never was build as it should have been.

Evernote has repeatedly ignored its Firefox users and when it finally made web caliper 6 for Firefox with huge delay and missing features even that is broken. Obviously it either doesn't support newer Firefox versions or when you do get it work with tricks it shows the same fundamental problems. that it had from the beginning. Jesus Christ guys, students in their spare time code incomparably better extension for all users and keeping it up to date. You guys have over 100 mil users and can't make one extension work. The conclusion is simple, you just don't care. And I am also pretty sure this post will go unanswered from anyone with any authority in Evernote. At least some users will read it, for whatever its worth.

Just to make it clear, we have not pushed any changes recently. So this would mean that something has changed with either the Mozilla browser or possibly another web extension that is causing a conflict and crash. My testing so far hasn't yielded crashes. Have you tried temporarily disabling all your other extensions except for the Web Clipper? This will give you a much more clear indicator of the faulty extension compared to just disabling Web Clipper and assuming it's something with the Web Clipper. Lastly, do you see any error messages in the Tools > Web Developer > Browser Console logs?

It seems that the Web Clipper 6.1 is broken.... AGAIN... with the new Firefox version above Firefox 44. Its the same symptoms, after short use Firefox browser becomes extremely and I want to underline here extremely sluggish. The user interface takes forever to load with lag of up to 4-5 or even 6 seconds. Things like opening menus and switching tabs for examples. Same problem exists when trying to invoke right click menu anywhere on the screen or if trying to scroll trough the page.

After disabling web clipper everything works as it should. Turn it back on and after short use the same problems. This is the same problems that have plagued the web caliper 6 from the beginning. And many users have complained about it in the past including myself numerous times. Which leads me to only one conclusion. Web clipper 6 is like an appendix  something Evernote company does not care about or want. After over 2 years "in development" it came out buggy as hell and fundamentally broken from inception. Who ever was coding it in their spare time, does not know anything about Firefox extensions and it never was build as it should have been.

Evernote has repeatedly ignored its Firefox users and when it finally made web caliper 6 for Firefox with huge delay and missing features even that is broken. Obviously it either doesn't support newer Firefox versions or when you do get it work with tricks it shows the same fundamental problems. that it had from the beginning. Jesus Christ guys, students in their spare time code incomparably better extension for all users and keeping it up to date. You guys have over 100 mil users and can't make one extension work. The conclusion is simple, you just don't care. And I am also pretty sure this post will go unanswered from anyone with any authority in Evernote. At least some users will read it, for whatever its worth.

Your post made me think this is probably the reason my up-to-date version of Firefox keeps crashing.

I haven't checked anything - it's a bad review for the Evernote plugin when you have to assume any problem with my Firefox programme must be caused by Evernote. I don't have the time to fix it right now, I just re-start and wait for the next crash…

Yeah, they had this problem before and I couldn't figure it out and than people started reporting the same thing. Finally after disabling web clipper, Firefox works normal. That is a quick way to find out if we share the same headache.

I hear you brother. I am the same way. In the absence of any care from Evernote team the best workaround I could find was to use Chrome to clip and Firefox to brows. I keep Chrome open just for this and than I use Firefox for browsing. But I didn't want to copy paste the url every time from one browser to another so the best thing I could find was this firefox addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/

Cheers!

2 hours ago, chanatx said:

Just to make it clear, we have not pushed any changes recently. So this would mean that something has changed with either the Mozilla browser or possibly another web extension that is causing a conflict and crash. My testing so far hasn't yielded crashes. Have you tried temporarily disabling all your other extensions except for the Web Clipper? This will give you a much more clear indicator of the faulty extension compared to just disabling Web Clipper and assuming it's something with the Web Clipper. Lastly, do you see any error messages in the Tools > Web Developer > Browser Console logs?

Yes, Firefox has changed since version 44 I believe, maybe 45 but anyway web clipper needs to be updated. Just look at the comments section on Mozilla addons page for your plug in. Most is very negative. Do you ever read those? Here, let me post a link so you can see what people are saying: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/reviews/

"Have you tried temporarily disabling all your other extensions except for the Web Clipper? " Yes I have and it not a problem except when web clipper is activated even on its own. This is the same problem as in the past with this extension. It was reported by many users on forums here in Evernote forum. You finally made some changes in version 6,1 to fix it, because before that is was totally unusable, constant 100% CPU usage etc. Since 6.1 is only patched version it was not updated like the one on Chrome for example and who ever build the Firefox web clipper 6 made it extremely buggy since the beginning. its all reported here on the forums. It was delayed over and over again and it was tested and everything is recorded here on your forums. I really don't want to go trough that again. Its not worth it.

Lastly, do you see any error messages in the Tools > Web Developer > Browser Console logs?

I will have to check that. I will see if it works. And get back with feedback here.

But I am fairly certain that the extension is way to buggy and unstable. It has been the case since the beginning. The so called version beta was actually pre-alpha and that says alot. the version 5 worked flawlessly it just didn't have the features it needs. Question is, what are you guys at Evernote team planing to do about it? Are you even developing it and when can we expect an update. And please don't say you don't know because you owe us that much. Evernote has ignored its Firefox users for too long, do we even raise our hopes or take it for granted that this will remain another buggy and unsupported appendix project from Evernote. Clearly project was abandon so there is no hope there. Is the Chrome you only care about or can Firefox users get some love too? I would appreciate an honest answer that does not leave more questions than it answers please. Thank you. If you are not authorized to answer, please get some higher executive here to answer it. 

To clarify the issue being reported with many of the reviews in the Mozilla add-ons page are due to an unsigned developer certificate. This is not related to a any direct add-on performance issue(s).

That aside, I find it difficult to reproduce the issue you're reporting with Firefox version 45. Can you provide me with further details on the environment you're running? I'd like to try and reproduce the issue using a similar configuration. Also, do you notice the crash while performing a specific set of events or is it seemingly just in general? I would be interested to find the issue and see what we can do to improve it, so feel free to provide any detailed events or steps you think might be helpful for our troubleshooting. Feel free to message me directly with any relevant details.

To clarify the issue being reported with many of the reviews in the Mozilla add-ons page are due to an unsigned developer certificate. This is not related to a any direct add-on performance issue(s).

Perhaps its not a performance issues, but it is an issues. Would you agree? And you can't blame it on Firefox because I have seen all major addons being updated and they just work. If others can do it so can Evernote.

That aside, I find it difficult to reproduce the issue you're reporting with Firefox version 45. Can you provide me with further details on the environment you're running? I'd like to try and reproduce the issue using a similar configuration. Also, do you notice the crash while performing a specific set of events or is it seemingly just in general? I would be interested to find the issue and see what we can do to improve it, so feel free to provide any detailed events or steps you think might be helpful for our troubleshooting. Feel free to message me directly with any relevant details.

Ok, so here is what happens, this was the exact same problem with the web clipper 6 in the past. Than in 6,1 it got fixed but since Firefox 44 or even 43 I'm not sure, it has started to show again.

This is what happens. I use Firefox normally as I would no performance issues. I can open up to 100 tabs or more and no issues. Than after some use, maybe few hours, because I don't close Firefox it keeps running all the time. Anyway, after several hours sometimes sooner sometimes later but like I described. Suddenly Firefox browser becomes extremely and I want to underline here extremely sluggish. The user interface takes forever to load with lag of up to 4-5 or even 6 seconds. Things like opening menus and switching tabs for examples. Same problem exists when trying to invoke right click menu anywhere on the screen or if trying to scroll trough the page.

After disabling web clipper everything works as it should. Turn it back on and after short use the same problems. This is the same problems that have plagued the web caliper 6 from the beginning. And many users have complained about it in the past including myself numerous times.

When web clipper 6 was released the same symptoms were happening. Myself and other users tried various things, like new installation, new profile, disabling other addons etc. Finally we narrowed it down to web clipper. than you reproduced the high CPU used on your end and in web clipper 6.1 you changed something that fixed it. You even say so in the release notes. But after Firefox updated its browser to version 43 or 44 they have changed something on their end regrading addons. I know this because some other addons did not work as well and the developer made updates to compensate. Like you said web clipper has not been updated in a long time. So it would seem that the problem is back.

I don't experience crashes, Firefox is super stable, I can run 100 + tabs for days and no crash just performance issues after certain period of time and it would seem that its because of web clipper. I have worked with it being disabled and performance is fine. I have it turned on and after some time performance is almost unsuitable and I have to restart the browser to get back to normal performance. But that is not a solution.

I am working with Firefox 45.0.2 Latest release. The problem started since 43 or 44 I'm not sure.

As an update to my crashing issue - I do not have the time to investigate this in detail. I have simply disabled the Evernote Webclipper in Firefox 45.0.1 and several hours later I have experienced no more crashes whereas previously it was one an hour or so.

I believe it would be much more useful for a developer if I disabled all addons one by one to arrive at a conclusive result. However I do not have the time to carry out tests that would be useful to Evernote - I have simply done what I need to get on with my work.

Of course if you are willing to refund my Evernote subscription and compensate me for the inconvenience to date then of course I will do any tests Evernote thinks are required. But for practical purposes I have to rely on Evernote's reputation for creating shoddy apps.

Web Clipper 6.1 simply hangs (stops working) every so often, for no obvious reason, on firefox 45.0.1.

Example - start evernote, firefox, fresh.   Web Clipper will work for a time.   Then, for no reason with no correlation to anything I can see, the icon will go dead.   The clipper icon is visible, but clicking on it has no effect at all.    I've not found the for sure shortest path to reset this, but seems to require terminating all evernote processes and all firefox processes.

1 hour ago, xryb said:

Web Clipper 6.1 simply hangs (stops working) every so often, for no obvious reason, on firefox 45.0.1.

Example - start evernote, firefox, fresh.   Web Clipper will work for a time.   Then, for no reason with no correlation to anything I can see, the icon will go dead.   The clipper icon is visible, but clicking on it has no effect at all.    I've not found the for sure shortest path to reset this, but seems to require terminating all evernote processes and all firefox processes.

Do you see any messages in the browser console log as soon as you notice it stop working?

Didn't look, don't know where to find the browser console log - is there some quick pointer to where this is?

By the way I reverted to firefox 44x and that doesn't seem to really help.

As with xryb, WebClipper 6.1 works immediately after opening FireFox 45.0.2, but stops working after awhile, for no obvious reason.  WebClipper has been doing this under multiple rounds of FireFox updates, going back 6 months or so.

If I close and open a new FireFox instance, or if I re-installe WebClipper 6.1, it again works for awhile, then stops.

In the Browser log:

web_clipper:Error: Token biz doesn't exist
Stack trace:
getAuthToken@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/evernote.js:293:19
processTags@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/evernote.js:934:14
updateTags@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/evernote.js:943:46
updateNotebooksFromCloud@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/evernote.js:958:5
updateNotebooks@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/evernote.js:884:12
Handler.prototype.process@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:933:23
this.PromiseWalker.walkerLoop@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:812:7
this.PromiseWalker.scheduleWalkerLoop/<@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:746:1

web_clipper:cannot find active tab log.js:63
web_clipper:Error: Unknown tracker tab -452-1
Stack trace:
TabTracker.getInstance@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/tracker.js:372:1
onActivate@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/ui.js:137:19
initEventHandlers/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/ui.js:207:40
emitOnObject@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/core.js:112:9
emit@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/core.js:89:38
handleClick@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/widget.js:162:5
emitOnObject@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/core.js:112:9
emit@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/core.js:89:38
@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/ui/button/action.js:101:3
receive@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:115:5
transform/next@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:36:24
filter/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:53:7
transform/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:43:29
receive@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:115:5
transform/next@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:36:24
filter/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:53:7
transform/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:43:29
create/<.onBuild/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/ui/button/view.js:155:1

Ah, you know some good addons! I am familiar with CSS so I might check it out sometime.

I've disabled all my other addons to see if the evernote options show up in the right-click menu but that makes no difference - but I can live with it.

Thanks again.

No actually I use CSS Styles. I used Stylish addon. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

And than you can use various styles from the website https://userstyles.org/styles/121804/microsoft-edge-style-menu-for-firefox and customize any part of the Firefox UI you want in any way you like. You can use the existing ones , you can modify them if you know a bit about CSS styles or you can write your own. I don't like personas because they are usually clumsy in the way they are applied to everything, this is more precise way that I prefer with more options. They can even style webpages, for example I use one to make the YouTube be dark instead of light, which is better view viewing movies. https://userstyles.org/styles/101409/youtube-dark-grey Try it out if you like. Its something that makes Firefox superior to other browsers, that level of customization. I wish Evernote had that too, Wink Wink. :D

Yes, that's what I'm missing. I'm using a persona for Firefox, that's probably what you mean by a skin? I'll try disabling addons to see if there's a conflict - I'm sure I've already tried that but not recently. I'll get back to you later.

Hey, Krunoslav,

Thanks for getting back to me, sounds like you're as unimpressed as I am. It's surprising for an internet product, you expect them to be more enlightened.

The right-click problems are not a deal-breaker for me, it's just unbelievable that they haven't been sorted out since I first mentioned them. Previously when I right-clicked on something to save, the menu showed the evernote options such as 'save article' or 'save selection' - but with the toolbar button back I can get buy without that extra.

Thanks for your help!

12 hours ago, donmcleman said:

Thank you, Krunoslav. Your suggestion of installing the addon Configuration Mania worked. I'd previously tried the suggestion from Firefox to use the configuration editor but it didn't work for me.

So I have the Evernote icon back on the toolbar. Still no right-click menu access.

What concerns me most is that this matter has been ignored by Evernote – I used to think it was a cool brand but it's obviously a charlatan like any other. No doubt in future I will need support for this paid add-on that doesn't work and I definitely won't be waiting for answers from other consumers. Get it right, Evernote, or give people refunds.

Glad to help.

When you say right-click menu access, what exactly do you mean, maybe we can solve that as well.

Oh, yeah about Evernote. They are incurable, totally ignoring users on multiple platforms. Favoring one platform over the other, ignoring user request, not issuing updates literally for years and keeping quite about it while at the same time every few days there is an update on the blog or some email I get or some Facebook update where they celebrate themselves. Its quite frustrating, because there is such a large disconnect between what users are writing on forums and the way Evernote writes about themselves. Turns my stomach into a knot to be honest. Terrible, terrible relationship with their user base. Tones of problems and even when some of the employees pops up on some of the forums here and there it's never consistent. Its never someone you can really count one, just seems to be passing by.

Recently they seem to have fire some people, no doubt this behavior and alternatives like OneNote are hurting business but even with this company shake up I have not seen any changes that would benefit users for months now. Quite disappointing especially for a company that had a goal of being a 100 year old company. Yeah, right. With this kind of amateurish user relations I have many reservations. 

Thank you, Krunoslav. Your suggestion of installing the addon Configuration Mania worked. I'd previously tried the suggestion from Firefox to use the configuration editor but it didn't work for me.

So I have the Evernote icon back on the toolbar. Still no right-click menu access.

What concerns me most is that this matter has been ignored by Evernote – I used to think it was a cool brand but it's obviously a charlatan like any other. No doubt in future I will need support for this paid add-on that doesn't work and I definitely won't be waiting for answers from other consumers. Get it right, Evernote, or give people refunds.

On 12/27/2015 at 7:53 PM, Bear in the Trunk said:

The Web Clipper extension in Firefox has always, well, sucked compared to its implementation in Safari and Chrome for OS X. And that's putting it nicely.

Now it doesn't work at all in Firefox. Though the Web Clipper shows as being installed when I look in the Firefox > Tools > Extensions window, the Web Clipper button doesn't even show up in any of the toolbars. I have read through posts on this issue and I see that the disappearing toolbar button issue has reportedly been fixed with v6.1. Evernote: I'm not seeing any evidence of that.

I'm using Firefox 43.0.2, Web Clipper version 6.1, Mac OS X (Yosemite) 10.10.5. I generally use Safari, with occasional use of Chrome and even less use of Firefox. It's not a life-or-death issue for me since Firefox isn't my primary browser. I simply don't understand why the EWC for Firefox has always so sub-par when compared with its siblings for the other browsers. Formatting of captured material has always been unevenly poor and options available in the EWC for Safari and Chrome were Missing In Action in the Firefox version. Clearly EWC for Firefox is problematic for a lot of users—both on OS X and Windows—and it looks like Evernote is working on it. Don't know if I should add to the pile-on with another tech support request/bug report.

Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 11.56.08.png

Do you see any error messages in the Tools > Web Developer > Browser Console window?

On 12/9/2015 at 6:57 PM, Drjreber said:

Warning: New user, so this might be operator error!

Latest version of Firefox (42) and Clipper 6.1 installed. Here's what happens:

1) open a gmail message

2) click Evernote clipper icon

3) choose any option (let's say, simplified article)

4) message clips and I get a confirmation

5) close confirmation and clipper is running the daisy wheel of death in the upper right of my screen - forever.

If I close the browser and navigate back to my messages (which is a pain) I can choose another gmail and do the whole thing over again.

The weird thing is that unless I go into that confirmation message and tell it to move the file to my inbox, it isn't there either on my desktop or my Evernote web when I go right back in to look at it. If I move it to inbox, it immediately shows up in my desktop Evernote. Many extra steps make it not so convenient!

Thanks for your help.

Using Firefox 43.0.2 I tried to duplicate the problem, but it always worked.

Would you be able to upgrade FF to 43.0.2. Does it help?

The Web Clipper extension in Firefox has always, well, sucked compared to its implementation in Safari and Chrome for OS X. And that's putting it nicely.

Now it doesn't work at all in Firefox. Though the Web Clipper shows as being installed when I look in the Firefox > Tools > Extensions window, the Web Clipper button doesn't even show up in any of the toolbars. I have read through posts on this issue and I see that the disappearing toolbar button issue has reportedly been fixed with v6.1. Evernote: I'm not seeing any evidence of that.

I'm using Firefox 43.0.2, Web Clipper version 6.1, Mac OS X (Yosemite) 10.10.5. I generally use Safari, with occasional use of Chrome and even less use of Firefox. It's not a life-or-death issue for me since Firefox isn't my primary browser. I simply don't understand why the EWC for Firefox has always so sub-par when compared with its siblings for the other browsers. Formatting of captured material has always been unevenly poor and options available in the EWC for Safari and Chrome were Missing In Action in the Firefox version. Clearly EWC for Firefox is problematic for a lot of users—both on OS X and Windows—and it looks like Evernote is working on it. Don't know if I should add to the pile-on with another tech support request/bug report.

Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 11.56.08.png

Do it the way Mozilla suggests:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct#w_what-can-i-do-if-firefox-disables-an-installed-unsigned-add-on

What can I do if Firefox disables an installed, unsigned add-on?

If an installed add-on is disabled because it hasn't been signed, contact the add-on developer or vendor to see if they can offer an updated and signed version of that add-on. You can also ask them to get their add-on signed. Another option is to visit addons.mozilla.org to see if there's a signed version of the add-on you can install.

Override add-on signing (advanced users): You can temporarily override this setting by changing the xpinstall.signatures.required preference to false in the Firefox Configuration Editor (about:config page). Support is not available for any changes made with the Configuration Editor so please do this at your own risk.
On 12/20/2015 at 0:16 PM, donmcleman said:

Firefox has just been updated to version 43.0.1. It has turned off the webclipper as it says that it has been unsigned by Evernote. Firefox advises me to contact Evernote to get the addon signed in order for it to work.

The version of webclipper installed is 6.1. I have previously complained that the right-click functionality stopped working several versions ago. I am currently using Windows 10 but this was also the case on Windows 8.

You mention in this thread that there may be a three to five month delay in Firefox approving your changes. It is unacceptable to continue to charge users for a subscription when you know that the functionality doesn't work.

If you need web clipper to work on Firefox but you are tired of waiting for both Evernote or Firefox to care, here is one workaround you can do if you Firefox is saying the webclier is not signed.

Download the Firefox addon called; Configuration Mania - More Advanced (hidden) configures
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/configuration-mania-4420/

Once you open up the advance options for Firefox you can go under Addons tab and you will see a features called: "Do not check addon compatibility with..." and you have previous and current as well as the future version of Firefox. just choose the one you are working and it will allow you to use the older addons like the web clipper. That is how I am forced to use it for now. No word from Evernote on any update for ages.... again.

Firefox has just been updated to version 43.0.1. It has turned off the webclipper as it says that it has been unsigned by Evernote. Firefox advises me to contact Evernote to get the addon signed in order for it to work.

The version of webclipper installed is 6.1. I have previously complained that the right-click functionality stopped working several versions ago. I am currently using Windows 10 but this was also the case on Windows 8.

You mention in this thread that there may be a three to five month delay in Firefox approving your changes. It is unacceptable to continue to charge users for a subscription when you know that the functionality doesn't work.

Warning: New user, so this might be operator error!

Latest version of Firefox (42) and Clipper 6.1 installed. Here's what happens:

1) open a gmail message

2) click Evernote clipper icon

3) choose any option (let's say, simplified article)

4) message clips and I get a confirmation

5) close confirmation and clipper is running the daisy wheel of death in the upper right of my screen - forever.

If I close the browser and navigate back to my messages (which is a pain) I can choose another gmail and do the whole thing over again.

The weird thing is that unless I go into that confirmation message and tell it to move the file to my inbox, it isn't there either on my desktop or my Evernote web when I go right back in to look at it. If I move it to inbox, it immediately shows up in my desktop Evernote. Many extra steps make it not so convenient!

Thanks for your help.

Anyone with the following problems:

1. Clip an email and you get two copies - email repeated within the same 'note'.

2. Clip an email without expanding to view the email e.g. within the 'inbox' without openning the email. - causes errors

either won't save or if it saves the attachments are corrupt (if there are attachments) or message truncated.

The CTRL-` and CTRL-SHIFT-` keys do not work for moving through Firefox Tab Groups with the Web Clipper enabled.  Whether I have "Use keyboard shortcuts" checked or unchecked does not affect the behavior; the only solution is to disable the addin.  This behavior has been consistent for the last couple of versions of Firefox (since at least v38) and the Web Clipper. I currently have Windows 10 and Firefox 42.

Archived