To open a note with AutoHotKey

JRelland

Hello, 

I am new with AHK and I've seen there are lots of AHK experts here. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

I would like to do a very simple thing... To open a dedicated note in my Evernote desktop application (if possible, in the current w10 virtual desktop).

I cannot find where is this note! Notes are not in individual files????

I tried to select a .enx file but it was not efficient. Now I open Evernote and I look up manually my note :).

Thank you for your feedback.

Below my (current) AHK code :)

;    Mes raccourcis AHK; Nov. 2015 - José Relland;-------------------------; Pour lancer Blender, Evernote et le tuto chez OpenClassRooms ; Touches : Win + b; Nov. 215 - José Relland;#b::  				; Touche Win + b minuscule pour Blenderrun, C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\blender.exerun, https://openclassrooms.com/courses/debutez-dans-la-3d-avec-blenderrun, C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exeReturn; Pour lancer Blender, Evernote et le tuto chez OpenClassRooms ; Touches : Win + b; Nov. 215 - José Relland;#i::  				; Touche Win + i minuscule pour Le cours Intégrateur web openclassroomsrun, C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exerun, https://openclassrooms.com/courses/apprenez-a-creer-votre-site-web-avec-html5-et-css3run, C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exerun, C:\Users\José\OneDrive\Documents OneDrive\Formation\OpenClassrooms\Parcours Integrateur Web\Site_web_PHP_CSS3Return

Thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards, José

Hi,

There are a couple of approaches you might try.  However, Evernote's scripting facilities on Windows are incredibly rudimentary, so I'm not sure you'll find a way to do exactly what you want.

The first approach is to use the ENScript.exe to run a search query.  You could do something like this:

ENScript showNotes /q "evernote search query here"

That command could be called from an AHK script.  You could try to make the search very specific, so that it finds only the single note you're interested in.  But it only executes that search and shows the results, so the note wouldn't be displayed in a dedicated window - that might be enough for you, though.

Another approach would be to create a note link in Evernote to the single note you want to link to.  Then paste this note link in another Evernote note.  Then click edit on that note link, and copy and paste the URL address, which will be something like this:

evernote:///view/41126/s1/75792a01-ca2d-4627-b9ae-3e266fbed540/75792a01-ca2d-4627-b9ae-3e266fbed540/

You could then put that address in a .lnk file, or hyperlink it in Word or something.  Clicking that .lnk file would then load just that one note, but again, it would not be loaded in its own dedicated window.  (You can't paste the note link directly into another program, because Evernote will convert it to a link which goes via their website).

A different approach would be to write or record a macro which locates the note in Evernote - this approach could be used to load the note into a dedicated note window if that is what you want, but it might be a bit more fragile.

Hi SI-500, Génial ! as we say in French :)

Thank to you, it works with this code :

; Pour lancer Blender, Evernote et le tuto chez OpenClassRooms ; Touches : Win + b; Nov. 215 - José Relland;#i::  				; Touche Win + i minuscule pour Le cours Intégrateur web openclassroomsrun, C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exerun, https://openclassrooms.com/courses/apprenez-a-creer-votre-site-web-avec-html5-et-css3run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\ENScript.exe" showNotes /q "xyz123"run, C:\Users\José\OneDrive\Documents OneDrive\Formation\OpenClassrooms\Parcours Integrateur Web\Site_web_PHP_CSS3run, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\FileZilla FTP Client\FileZillaReturn
run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\ENScript.exe" showNotes /q "xyz123"

In my note, I put a unique chain of characters "xyz123"... it's OK 

Next step: to open my applications in my  W10 current virtual desktop :)...

Today, there open only in the first virtual desktop :(.

And I wanted to open my application in a specific window configuration (with an external screen and half screens (Win et <- or ->) but I think it is a little bit complicated!

Thank you again :)

Best Regards, José

Archived