The Future of Evernote...?

Hi Everyone,

I would first like to say that I love Evernote. Everything about it has been super helpful for my life, my work and my family. I am totally paperless and Evernote has allowed me to clear my head and focus. 

I would also like to say that I am currently a beta tester for all things Evernote, including Mac, Windows, iOS and Scannable. 

Lately, I have been reading plenty of articles talking about how Evernote is going down the tubes and is a horrible experience. (http://chambersdaily.com/bradleychambers/2015/10/18/learning-to-leave-evernote) People are leaving Evernote for services like OneNote and Apple Notes. With everybody talking bad about Evernote and all of the recent changes within the company structure (new CEO & a ton of layoffs) I have been worrying about the future of my Evernote and my lifestyle therefore I have been trying out all of Evernote's competitors just in case we hear one day soon that the service will be shutting down. 

I understand from a lot of the outward facing people at Evernote that they are hard at work re-building a lot of the infrastructure and trying to focus the product. I would really like some sort of sign that the company and my life's workflow won't suddenly end in the future.

What are your thoughts? Are we all in the same boat?

Thanks 

Nick

• Level 5*

Hi Everyone,

I would first like to say that I love Evernote. Everything about it has been super helpful for my life, my work and my family. I am totally paperless and Evernote has allowed me to clear my head and focus.

I would also like to say that I am currently a beta tester for all things Evernote, including Mac, Windows, iOS and Scannable.

Lately, I have been reading plenty of articles talking about how Evernote is going down the tubes and is a horrible experience. (http://chambersdaily.com/bradleychambers/2015/10/18/learning-to-leave-evernote) People are leaving Evernote for services like OneNote and Apple Notes. With everybody talking bad about Evernote and all of the recent changes within the company structure (new CEO & a ton of layoffs) I have been worrying about the future of my Evernote and my lifestyle therefore I have been trying out all of Evernote's competitors just in case we hear one day soon that the service will be shutting down.

I understand from a lot of the outward facing people at Evernote that they are hard at work re-building a lot of the infrastructure and trying to focus the product. I would really like some sort of sign that the company and my life's workflow won't suddenly end in the future.

Thanks

Nick

everyone has their reasons for staying and going. fortunately, evernote has made everything quite portable, and you can easily leave any time. i wouldn't worry too much about it. we can only speculate about the future of the company, and there are no guarantees. i recommend enjoying whatever works best for you, and always make sure you have an exit plan, just in case.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks 

Nick

Haha bro, I feel you. I feel you. I did similar post, couldn't help but to notice the Parallels 

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/90296-what-is-happening-to-evernote-going-out-of-business/

• Level 5

Evernote came in with their response: they're not going anywhere, they are getting stronger and more focused.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/90296-what-is-happening-to-evernote-going-out-of-business/#entry386068

Dropping recipe collections, etc. is not a big issue, especially considering the huge number of food / recipe / grocery apps and other specialized cloud-based programs already in the market. Corporations frequently perform similar streamlining and cost control maneuvers, that might tick off a few individuals, but end up with a stronger program.

I'm not sure I believe the predictions from outside soothsayers who have no visibility into the inner workings at Evernote. For the past couple years, there has been there has been a "massive infrastructure project in Evernote". They are working on some of the "most frequently requested features". Such as: Improved note editing, bulleted lists, pasted content, image control, table handling, basic markdown will all be a reality. Some of these improvements have already been released.

https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/09/22/the-future-of-writing-in-evernote/

I don't mind the re-focus on the core text editing products.

In fact, I applaud the decision. 

Archived