"Your version of Evernote for Mac is out of date" email

Metrodon

Idea

• Level 5*

Anyone else getting email like this from Evernote?

Your version of Evernote for Mac is out of date."

The version of Evernote you are using does not support key Evernote functionality. 

In addition to keeping more of your content in sync with your other devices, the newest version of Evernote for Mac includes a new and improved note editor and support for El Capitan Split View.

To get the update: 
1. Open Evernote for Mac 
2. Select ‘Help’ from the menu and then ‘check for updates’"

I wouldn't mind, but I'm on 6.2, plus it's a really bad way to communicate with users.

3 replies to this idea

I also received a similar email (below)  which looks like a very shoddy scam attempt, and asks me to click on link within it.

Surely this can't be a genuine communication, can it?  I certainly don't want to risk it! 

"Your version of Evernote for Windows is out of date.
The version of Evernote you are using does not support key Evernote functionality. 

In addition to keeping more of your content in sync with your other devices, the newest version of Evernote for Windows includes an improved note editor and new table features.

To get the update: 
1. Open this email on your Windows device 
2. Click the link below
UPDATE EVERNOTE FOR WINDOWS  "
  • Level 5*

I'm beginning to feel left out - haven't had one of these emails yet..  that last Windows one does sound suspicious though,  although it is accurate that the editor and tables have been improved..  If you still have it,  I'd suggest raising a support ticket and sending it back(?) to Evernote so they can figure it out.

Archived