YOU ARE PISSING ME OFF

There’s a problem with your payment Your card issuer has declined payment for the Evernote account subscription we attempted to process on November 17, 2015. 

Please take a moment to update your billing information in order to keep your Evernote account accessible, or contact your credit card issuer to resolve the payment issue. 

If we are unable to process your payment by November 20, 2015, we will freeze your account until payment is successfully processed. 

YET:

Total Points Spent: 120

REWARD DATE POINTS 12 Months Premium 11/09/2015 120

My credit card information is FLAWLESSLY entered, and it is actually set to bill from google play WHICH IT BETTER NOT DO.

COME ON GET YOUR ***** TOGETHER. THIS IS MY LIFE's WORK YOU ARE WARNING ME ABOUT FREEZING.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Understandable frustration,  but not useful in a user forum.  You really need to raise a support request or use the Chat feature on the support page to get this resolved.  I've reported your post in hopes a forum admin can assist.  When you get a support ticket number,  please post it here to get more help.

COME ON GET YOUR ***** TOGETHER. THIS IS MY LIFE's WORK YOU ARE WARNING ME ABOUT FREEZING.

Not an unfair comment, considering Evernote's catchphrase: "The workspace for your life's work". 

Evernote positions itself to hold one's life's work... so it is only natural to expect the above sort of plea. This is not just any work that is at jeopardy... it's one's life's work. 

• Ex Employees

There’s a problem with your payment Your card issuer has declined payment for the Evernote account subscription we attempted to process on November 17, 2015. 

Please take a moment to update your billing information in order to keep your Evernote account accessible, or contact your credit card issuer to resolve the payment issue. 

If we are unable to process your payment by November 20, 2015, we will freeze your account until payment is successfully processed. 

YET:

Total Points Spent: 120

REWARD DATE POINTS 12 Months Premium 11/09/2015 120

My credit card information is FLAWLESSLY entered, and it is actually set to bill from google play WHICH IT BETTER NOT DO.

COME ON GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER. THIS IS MY LIFE's WORK YOU ARE WARNING ME ABOUT FREEZING.

Hi dkraftjr,

We should be able to better investigate this issue in a support ticket. You can start that process by logging in and creating one here: https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Once you've done this, please message back your ticket # and we'll figure out a solution  :)

Can you also let us know if you've been purchasing your subscription through an Evernote payment partner such as iTunes, Google Play, etc. 

Let me know if you run into any road blocks.

• 4 months later...

I get the same email, called bank, tried with 4 other cards including Amex... Openned 3 tickets and got nothing but this stupid message who tells me that my 6 business accounts will be frozen on the 23rd of March... Oh yes, last support message asked me to check with my bank(s) one week after I already did... You know what? I have downloaded OneNote for Mac, opened a Dropbox business account for my team of six accounts, exported all atachements (15 thousands Business notes and 6000 personal) and now I'm quietly moving away from this system who cannot charge 60€ out of a MasterCard. 

I will gladly explain you how to do the same and how it worked for us if you want to move away from Paid Evernote. 

Obviously note, you have tried to do it the right way- and for whatever reason, it hasn't worked. I'm sorry to hear that you are moving away from EN. My experience has been different- while there have been a few glitches along the way, I have a rather large Premium account (not as large as yours) and the support and payment issues have been really none.

However in this case, I think the main issue is more a user who instead of going the "right" route (get in touch with EN support, open a ticket, etc...) decides to go the way that a lot of people seem to think will get the most attention and help- scream and yell in a forum. And for the record, since he did not indicate that he has tried to contact support, I have to assume that he hasn't. I nall the times I have needed to reach out to support, m y requests have been handled quickly and resolved. I currently have an open request for an issue involving imported text files which didn't import well and caused sync issues- the rep admitted that they are working to improve therir text editor to be able to ingest 100% of whatever someone can throw at it. Fortuetely, I still had the source files and can manually cut and paste the 6-7 files into notes. Now, we are trying to figure out what in the text files is giving EN gas. :-)

Eric

13 hours ago, EricLorenz said:

Obviously note, you have tried to do it the right way- and for whatever reason, it hasn't worked. I'm sorry to hear that you are moving away from EN. My experience has been different- while there have been a few glitches along the way, I have a rather large Premium account (not as large as yours) and the support and payment issues have been really none.

However in this case, I think the main issue is more a user who instead of going the "right" route (get in touch with EN support, open a ticket, etc...) decides to go the way that a lot of people seem to think will get the most attention and help- scream and yell in a forum. And for the record, since he did not indicate that he has tried to contact support, I have to assume that he hasn't. I nall the times I have needed to reach out to support, m y requests have been handled quickly and resolved. I currently have an open request for an issue involving imported text files which didn't import well and caused sync issues- the rep admitted that they are working to improve therir text editor to be able to ingest 100% of whatever someone can throw at it. Fortuetely, I still had the source files and can manually cut and paste the 6-7 files into notes. Now, we are trying to figure out what in the text files is giving EN gas. :-)

Eric

Eric, I assume my decisions, I was the one who decided to use EN for documents handling and archiving, I take life as it comes and I refuse to stress myself or get cornered by a small issue such as this "impossible to pay" problem... I loved EN from the beginning and as you can see for the small amounts of my posts my issues with them were always handled properly. Now companies change, Evernote like the rest, and there is no dedicated channel for Business payment, big mistake. I have already exported a huge amount of attachments to Dropbox thanks to EN's tag filtering :) and frankly it's gonna be much easier for all of us to handle all docs from this platform. Now one is always reluctant to changes things because of the hassles during the migration from one system to an other. I like the challenge and even if my business has nothing to do with technology and cloud based solutions I just like to tune and modify the best possible system for our daily use. the multi platform OneNote is absolutely great, they have learned a lot in the past 10 years or so and for instance the iPad app and the business card scanning are absolutely great and totally free. My mistake, and again I assume it totally, was to use Evernote for digital documents handling, and this issue gives me an opportunity to move to something better. I'm pretty sure that Evernote will find a way to charge one of my cards even after the deadline, but unfortunately it's already too late but I might even keep one premium account afterwards - till I get all the notes I want into OneNote - but the Business account is gone. BTW maybe a good solution would be an hybrid one; Docs and files in Dropbox and Notes with Evernote...?

Jeff

9 hours ago, noteverything said:

BTW maybe a good solution would be an hybrid one; Docs and files in Dropbox and Notes with Evernote...?

Jeff

That kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? The whole point is that a "note" can be almost anything. To put just text notes into EN is *so* underusing it. I am using EN to its full potential. Again, sorry that you had a such a bad experience with EN that you feel you need to do a total platform change. As for me, program etc. files in Dropbox, everything else in EN. (except for files that my wife and others who don't use EN need access to, those go in Dropbox too).

So our Business subscription was canceled and… All business notes were wiped out from all our devices, Macs, iPhones, web… Well in fact there is not even a trace that I ever subscribed to Evernote so called Business. Over 15 thousands notes and their attachments just vanished. What is interesting here is where did I signed and agreed that all my business notes were the sole property of Evernote Zurich GMBH? I assume here that even if I have signed and agreed to such a deal, where none of our precious work would be our property, this is totally against E.U. Laws on intellectual property.

I'm taking the issue with them but follow my advice and NEVER go to "business" and stay to PRO or free cause Business account just get wiped along with all notes if you (they) have a payment issue!

Archived