Crashed Phone display - need to sync notes to webapp

Hey guys! I just have a real quick question.

Earlier I have been using evernote on my phone. But as I unfortunately crashed the screen a couple of days ago, I can no longer reach all my notes.

So I decided to create an account here at evernote.com, hoping that if I "connected" my gmail account, it would be able to sync my notes from the phone to this webapp.

However, I have read somewhere, that I need to manually update my sync from the phone, to be able to reach them here in the webapp?

Is there anyone who have any suggestion, how I could go about to have my notes on the phone synced to my webapp account here?

Greatly appreciate any advice or help!

Best regards,

Dave

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you were using Evernote on your phone,  you would have had a user name and password for that account.  Try logging into Evernote.com with the same details.  Your original notes should have automatically been synced back to the server as long as the phone had a network connection.  You may find they're already available online.

Hey gaz, and thanks for your answer!

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I never had any specific evernote account. Instead I think my google account was connected to the app on my phone somehow, since it would sync my notes when I bought a new Android Phone to the new phone.

I have tried to log in with my google account here at Evernote Webapp though, without any success. Ultimately I tried creating a new account here on the webapp and instead tried to "connect" my gmail account. That does not seem to have worked either unfortunately.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Difficult to work out exactly what happened here - you must have a google account to install apps on an Android phone,  so clearly you do have a Google account;  but if you were using the green screens of the Evernote app,  it wouldn't allow you to save notes to the phone without registering an account.  Plus (AFAIK) there's no built-in notes app with Google,  but I'm pretty sure that if there were,  you'd be able to log into it via a browser and see your notes.

I'd suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.  Choose "login/account access issue" in the first dropdown after logging in (or clicking 'continue as guest' if that's not possible) here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Please list out any and all email addresses you might have used to set up an account - they may be able to reconnect you with your notes.  If they can't help though,  you'll need to work out where exactly your notes were being kept before we can help you import them into Evernote!

Archived