Audio recording bug: Start recording by itself randomly.

For quite some time I've had the following problem with Evernote on my Sony Xperia Z1 compact: When my headset (either a aJays or Aiaiai - both of them with microphone and button) plugged in, I experience quite often that the audio recorder in evernote starts recording by itself. I have not pushed the button on the headset and it have happened while I've been listening to music, written a mail, surfed, been on Facebook and typed an sms - It is noe clear pattern for when it will start recording. This is pretty annoying. What is happening and what can be done?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Please don't double post - once is usually enough,  and even if you get the original post in the wrong thread someone here will move it for you.  This is the only post I've seen on this topic,  so it seems to be something which could be linked with your device or your software - have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote?  The full sequence is:  Sync all notes / uninstall / restart device / reinstall and log in.

If the problem continues after a reinstall,  please tell us what version of Android your phone runs.  I'd also suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.

Archived