Notes not showing in Windows desktop client

My notes are not showing up in the right window although the list of notebooks shows up on the left in my Windows desktop. I have had this problem for a month or two. Once in a while it will work fine. It always works fine on iOs and android. I have Windows 10. Help!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Windows 10 is a bit of a grey area still - you obviously should be able to see your notes - but are you talking about  list of notes in a specific notebook,  or a blank space where the content of a selected note should be?  A screenshot might help,  next time this happens..

• 4 months later...

SteveRay - thanks.  Updated to 5.9.9.9915 this morning and no notes! Checked my settings (including F11/Ctrl-F11) and nothing.  Dragged the corner of the window as you suggested and all is restored.

I wasn't sure if this was just a Win 10 issue, so I tried updating EN on an old XP desktop... hung the entire computer during the "extraction" process - twice! On second reboot I loaded up EN and it was still at the previous version (5.9.7.9753). It works fine, so I'll just leave it at that.

The Win 10 version (9915) seems to be working fine since the little display issue was resolved.   Except I notice there is no "Delete Note" any more ... it's been replaced by the "Move Note to Trash" option ... really ???  I know this is technically what "delete" did anyway, but ....

Can I suggest we rename the "Move Note" option to "Leave your existing note in exactly the same place in the internal EN database, but replace the current Note_Stack pointer value with a new one so that it appears to be in a different part of your notebook structure".

Archived