AndreasM

How stupid it can be?

Here is an example, how stupid a service can be.

Recently I sent and email from my evernote account to myself, email address on aol.com.

I have never received that email, however few days later I received an email from evernote service stating the email (from my evernote) is not deliverable. The most stupid thing ever is:

that the email addresses on both emails are the same, meaning the email from my evernote to myself is not deliverable, but the email from evernote service to myself is deliverable.

For some reason I cannot attached the screenshot of the email, but it looks so, so stupid, embarrassing for evernote!!!!. Give me a break!!!!!

Recently I sent and email from my evernote account to myself, email address on aol.com.

I have never received that email, however few days later I received an email from evernote service stating the email (from my evernote) is not deliverable. The most stupid thing ever is:

that the email addresses on both emails are the same, meaning the email from my evernote to myself is not deliverable, but the email from evernote service to myself is deliverable.

For some reason I cannot attached the screenshot of the email, but it looks so, so stupid, embarrassing for evernote!!!!. Give me a break!!!!!

Ummm....if you have a free account, it's not stupid at all, since you can no longer email to free accounts. It's undeliverable not b/c of the email address, but because it's not a part of your service. 

You better read the details of my post and then respond. Nobody asked you to respond here anyway.

Try sending it again and be sure you enter your aol address correctly.

You better read the details of my post and then respond.

Oh, sorry, my bad.

Nobody asked you to respond here anyway.

No one needs to ask me. I just do it. You're very welcome.

Yeah, as CSHilling says...check the email address you typed in. Sounds like that's the problem - typed in wrong. User error. How silly would THAT be!

• Like 2

...meaning the email from my evernote to myself is not deliverable, but the email from evernote service to myself is deliverable

This is a little confusing. You'll need to be clearer and more specific (maybe terminology?) for people to help. I had to read your post a couple if times and guess what it was you were trying to say. If people decipher your post wrong, it may be their fault... and if they decipher it correctly it may be their fault all the same. So not being clear while showing how smart one is (by determining what is stupid or not) may not be the best way to solicit help. How about withholding the judgement so people can help?

Maybe a screenshot of the email Evernote sent you?

• Like 2

Just look at this below, I don't understand what is not clear in my original email????

This should be answered by evernote team, but they are making it so difficult to ask for support, just forget it.

Unable to deliver your emailed content space.gif
From Evernote no-reply@evernote.comhide detailsspace.gif To andreasmro andreasmro@aol.com

Hello Evernote User.

You recently attempted to send an email message from your Evernote account.

Unfortunately, we are unable to deliver the email to your intended recipient(s).

The email was returned to us as undeliverable and no further delivery attempts are possible.

Please verify the email address(es) you used. Some ideas:

• Check for typos
  • Check for extra spaces

Details on the undeliverable email message:

Subject: 
=?UTF-8?Q?Köhler_illumination_-_Wikipedia,_the_free_encyclopedia?

Recipient(s): 
andreasmro@aol.com

Thank you,

- The Evernote Team

AFAIK, the Evernote user does not receive any response when they attempt to send email to their Free account.
I've seen many complaints from Free account users, but none (as far as I can remember) said they got a rejection notice from Evernote.  In fact, not received notice was a major issue.

AndreasM also clearly stated in the second line of her post that the email was *from* her EN account, *not* to the account.  AFAIK, sending email from your EN account is still supported in the Free account plan.

Recently I sent and email from my evernote account to myself, email address on aol.com.
I have never received that email, however few days later I received an email from evernote service stating the email (from my evernote) is not deliverable.

AFAIK, the Evernote user does not receive any response when they attempt to send email to their Free account.

I've seen many complaints from Free account users, but none (as far as I can remember) said they got a rejection notice from Evernote.  In fact, not received notice was a major issue.

AndreasM also clearly stated in the second line of her post that the email was *from* her EN account, *not* to the account.  AFAIK, sending email from your EN account is still supported in the Free account plan.

Recently I sent and email from my evernote account to myself, email address on aol.com.

I have never received that email, however few days later I received an email from evernote service stating the email (from my evernote) is not deliverable.

A little late to the game, JMiU. But thanks for playing.

It is not clear what your measure for "a little late" is, but a 4 hour gap between the OP's post & his answer does not seem unreasonable in terms of timing.

Be that as it may, JM did pick up the essential point from the OP's post, which is "from" and not "to" his account. So the OP did have a point in his answer to you regarding your proper reading of his message. And there is nothing unclear about his message. 

• Like 1

...and I think the difference in emails being received or not may be down to the sending IP address.  A lot of emails go out from no-reply@evernote.com which may lead to that address (wrongly) being blocked as a source of spam emails by some mail clients like AOL and Hotmail (see https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/90086-attempting-to-share-notes-to-a-hotmail-email-address-undeliverable/)

Same suggestion here - please report this as a fault so Evernote can fix it - I'll also report this thread to the Admins who might be able to raise the issue with Evernote Support.  Choose "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

It is not clear what your measure for "a little late" is, but a 4 hour gap between the OP's post & his answer does not seem unreasonable in terms of timing.

Be that as it may, JM did pick up the essential point from the OP's post, which is "from" and not "to" his account. So the OP did have a point in his answer to you regarding your proper reading of his message. And there is nothing unclear about his message. 

Sorry, you are late to the game as well. Perhaps you & JMiU could get a group rate on tutorials on how to read a thread. Clearly you missed this post (emphasis mine for those who find it difficult to follow a thread):

Oh, sorry, my bad.

But thanks to you, too for playing!  Better luck next time. 

WRT OP's post being unclear...again, if you thoroughly read the post, you would see that *I* was not the one saying OP's post was unclear... 

I don't know about your other thread BNF of 14 Nov, I just stick to this one for clarity's sake :-)

As for saying the OP's post was not clear: you are absolutely right, you did not say it. However, you are the one who gave the 1st & misleading answer to the OP because you did not read his post well, probably because it was not clear to you, or, in your eagerness to show your knowledge of Evernote & its system, you could not be bothered to have the courtesy to read his post well & give a proper answer. Whatever the case, you did not contribute to solving the OP's issue, whereas JM cleared up a subtle but important aspect of the post & Gazumped suggested a sensible way forward.

In other words, there's no need to treat someone who makes a positive contribution with disdain, you never seem to learn your lesson.

Sorry, you are late to the game as well. Perhaps you & JMiU could get a group rate on tutorials on how to read a thread. Clearly you missed this post (emphasis mine for those who find it difficult to follow a thread):

Oh, sorry, my bad.

But thanks to you, too for playing!  Better luck next time. 

WRT OP's post being unclear...again, if you thoroughly read the post, you would see that *I* was not the one saying OP's post was unclear... 

To BNF, I thought they removed you from this forum, but your are still here, disappointing.

To all others, thank you for your help.

I hope everbody can clearly see, from my previous post, what the problem is.

The same email address is:

1. pronounced "undeliverable" and

2. used by no-reply@evernote.com (so it is not what you think Gazumped) to inform me about the undeliverable email, which I obviously received

If there is still someone out there, who clearly doesn't see the problem, then drop it, you will not be able to help me anyway.

As I said before, Evernote should respond to this.

As I said before, Evernote should respond to this.

Same suggestion here - please report this as a fault so Evernote can fix it - I'll also report this thread to the Admins who might be able to raise the issue with Evernote Support.  Choose "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Also, my appologies if I created any confusion here.

I'd just like to add that there might be some better sort of synonym to describe what is clearly an issue: odd/ nonsensical/ strange/ befuddling/ confusing/ weird...

This is still primarily a user forum, I'd suggest you open a support ticket/chat/twitter.

• Like 1

To BNF, I thought they removed you from this forum, but your are still here, disappointing.

Nope, they never removed. me. Sorry to disappoint.

what you said

Yeah. Ok. Whatever. Right. You win. Not really. I'm just not interested in continuing this dickering with you. But hey, it's just like old times...

One last parting word...

NOISE!!!

(JMiU can appreciate that.)

Posted under my other account.  But rest assured, it is ME!

(Another thing JMiU can appreciate!)

Carry on!

Nope, they never removed. me. Sorry to disappoint.

what you said

Yeah. Ok. Whatever. Right. You win. Not really. I'm just not interested in continuing this dickering with you. But hey, it's just like old times...

One last parting word...

NOISE!!!

(JMiU can appreciate that.)

Jesus Christ (and I am not that religious) I have bought every product Evernote has to sell and I can't use any of them.  It has been an crappy adventure into poor design.  I feel like they owe me thousands of dollars and a serious public apology.  

1 hour ago, talktotrey@gmail.com said:

I have bought every product Evernote has to sell and I can't use any of them.

Just another user responding (we rarely get religious deities posting in the forum)

You'll get better help if you provide some specific details on the issues you're having 

At present, I'm only paying an account subscription for the upload limits (I couldn't aford the socks)  I use the Evernote software, but thats free; no purchase required
I'm able to use these products