Please add Calendar view

zdanevich

Idea

I want to use Evernote like task manager and Calendar View is important.

As I see the new web UI you can add Calendar button to the left.

I know that many users need calendar in Evernote and it is strange that we still not have it - because we can set reminders day but can't see overview of planned tasks.

Today I have to use a third party service from Microsoft - Sunrise - to show my notes at calendar, but at this service I can't edit content of notes :(

ce1d378655a34ced9baeed23d5aadaca.png

4 replies to this idea

A Calendar facility would be most useful. To be able to chose a specific week for example, and see all Evernote elements tagged with that date-range. There are Apps that link a few reminders to external calendars. But nothing that generates a timeline for all Notes. Hopefully, soon.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Aspect said:

a timeline for all Notes

On my Mac, I can view my notes sorted by creation or modified date.

I did try an add-on app (eventnoted) that put the note into my calendar, with a link, but I couldn't handle the limitations. So now I manually add the event to my calendar, with a link to Evernote.

While it might be nice to have a calendar view, I'm not sure it should be in Evernote. One concern is that it won't be a complete calendar.  I'd look at Evernote to see some of my events, then at the real calendar app to see other events, for example holidays.

The suggested TimeLine view would be different from the Apple Calendar app. More for Diary /Journaling Activities & Documents (past) uses, rather than Scheduling Appointments (future). There are already some Add-Ons that take Evernote Reminders into OS-X Calendar.

Evernote -> Sort by Creation Date is a good start. Thou that field typically needs to be changed to match the actual date of a scanned document. Some other systems have a "Document Date" field - Eg. For a bank statement or bill. Unfortunately, the dates are reset when importing Pdfs into Evernote.

For example, if a user wanted to view all Evernote Activity, Cards, Receipts etc for this week last year. It would be far easier to have a visual representation in TimeLine or Calendar format - rather than just a list.

Lots of other uses will follow. Eg. If the user wanted to quickly see if a Bank Statement is missing (a gap in the Calendar view). Or how much activity there had been on a Project over time (maybe looking at multiple months). Etc.

Archived