Three major problems with Evernote

Here are my three big problems with Evernote:

1. I cannot select large swathes of texts because I cannot select and scroll down at the same time, which is something that can be done in practically all other notes applications as well as webpages.

2. My long list of bulleted text are forced into extra columns (usually up to three) for some unknown reason. This doesn't happen in other applications such as Apple notes.

3. I cannot successfully sync my notes (remove the little arrows in the right hand corners of each note). I have tried everything under the sun that has been suggested to me (upgrading, wifi, restoring, using different devices, you name it). It seems notoriously difficult to ever achieve, and the odd one or two successfully, but rarely, do appear to sync without any indication as to why. It just happens randomly.

If these three issues can be resolved then I will be 100% happy as a premium Evernote customer. I want to use this instead of Apple notes because I hate and distrust Apple technology for very good and valid reason. Can somebody help resolve these three problems? If not, how can I email contact the owner or director of Evernote because as I cannot effectively use Evernote for my purposes as a premium customer, I will need to address this to the very top people who run this company. Many thanks, Stephen.

• Level 5*

Here are my three big problems with Evernote:

1. I cannot select large swathes of texts because I cannot select and scroll down at the same time, which is something that can be done in practically all other notes applications as well as webpages.

2. My long list of bulleted text are forced into extra columns (usually up to three) for some unknown reason. This doesn't happen in other applications such as Apple notes.

3. I cannot successfully sync my notes (remove the little arrows in the right hand corners of each note). I have tried everything under the sun that has been suggested to me (upgrading, wifi, restoring, using different devices, you name it). It seems notoriously difficult to ever achieve, and the odd one or two successfully, but rarely, do appear to sync without any indication as to why. It just happens randomly.

If these three issues can be resolved then I will be 100% happy as a premium Evernote customer.

From your post it appears that you are running EN Mac.  The following comments make this assumption.  If it is incorrect, please post the versions of OS and Evernote are you running.

Assuming you are running EN Mac:

The issues you are experiencing are definitely not the normal.  I haven't seen them reported (except for the sync issue) by other users in these forums, and I am not experiencing these issues myself.   I'm running EN Mac 6.1 on Yosemite (10.10.5).

So it is most likely that it has something to do with your specific Mac and/or Evernote setup.  If you are running Mac OSX El Capitan, that could be a factor as well.

The most serious issue is #3, Unable to Sync.

I'd suggest that you start with resolving this issue before tackling the others.

There have been numerous sync issues reported, for a variety of reasons.

Here's Evernote's sync issue fix checklist:   How to troubleshoot syncing issues 

You can go to the menu Help > Activity Log to see if you can find any clues why these notes are not syncing.  Sometimes it's due to a corrupt attachment.

If you can't get these Notes to sync, then I'd recommend that you export them to ENEX file for a safe backup.

See this EN Knowledgebase article:

How to back up (export) and restore (import) notes and notebooks (using ENEX)

Once you have either resolved the sync issue, or made a backup to ENEX, then you can try:

If you are not comfortable with doing the above, or it does not fix your issues, you may want to contact EN Support directly.

Since you have a Premium account, you have access to EN Support Chat, which is the fastest way to get EN support.

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

• Level 5*

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am only using an iOS device. An iPhone 5 to be specific.

In that case, you may want to backup your unsync'd Notes immediately by copying them elsewhere on your iPhone, like Mail or other note apps, or even Pages and MS Word.  You could copy the contents of each Note and paste into an email, that you send to your Evernote account.

Do you have access to a Mac or PC?  You can verify that all of your Notes are safely stored in the EN Cloud by viewing them using the EN Web client at Evernote.com.

After you have backed up your unsync'd Notes, then you can:

1. Delete the iPhone Evernote app
  2. Restart your iPhone
  3. Redownload/install the Evernote app

If that does not fix your issues, then you definitely need to contact Evernote directly, either via EN Chat or Support Ticket.

Archived