Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Sandstrom

Version 6.2 "Local Notebook" text in shortcut menu

Hi fellow Evernoters,

This is my first post at the forum so please, please forgive me if I post this in the wrong part of the forum. I have a Mac computer, just updated to Version 6.2 and had a heart attack when I saw that all my notebooks in shortcut sidemenu have the text "(Local Notebook)" after the notebook name. This is driving me nuts. Please tell me that I am blind and have missed the setting to turn this off? I can't find it...

post-91533-0-67962600-1446899317_thumb.p

Not sure it's worthy of a heart attack....

For a while people have been asking for an indicator as to whether notebooks are local or sync'd. Looks like they went with (Local Notebook)...

I can't see any option to switch the indicator on or off either.

I understand the use for an indicator for that. I think there are better ways to show that information (like a small symbol or something). I have OCD so this clutter is a big deal for me personally :/

Well this is primarily a user forum, if it really bothers you then you should probably open a support ticket to make sure Evernote hear your feedback.

For what it's worth, I agree, it's a very clumsy implementation.

Yes I know, I just posted here to see if anyone else using Evernote knew how to turn it off. By your reply, It seems like I'm not the only one not finding a way to do that. So I guess that feature doesn't exist. Thanks for your reply.

Sign in to follow this