Search previously indexed notes when dropping to Basic?

I've been a Premium subscriber for a year but, due to finances, I will need to drop back to Basic for a number of months.  Will then renew. 

I have many notes, docs, images, that have already been auto-indexed upon upload.  I understand that new uploads after Basic kicks in will not be indexed.  But will the 'search' still pick up notes that have been already indexed?

Or is this level of 'search' also disabled in Basic?  

Thanks.....

• Level 5*

Hi.  Best answer I can give you is that (AFAIK) Evernote don't confirm or promote the fact that already-indexed notes remain searchable when you downgrade,  but in previous versions of Evernote it has been my experience that they do.  You could downgrade to see if things are still working fully,  and if you find they're not,  you'll either have to consider finding the finance to upgrade again,  or live with the situation until you can. Depending on what you're searching and how you find it,  there may be some possibilities in doing some searches while still premium,  and creating ToC (table of content) notes with the results.  The note links from the ToC will still work,  even if the search no longer does.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005667

Hi.  Best answer I can give you is that (AFAIK) Evernote don't confirm or promote the fact that already-indexed notes remain searchable when you downgrade,  but in previous versions of Evernote it has been my experience that they do.  You could downgrade to see if things are still working fully,  and if you find they're not,  you'll either have to consider finding the finance to upgrade again,  or live with the situation until you can. Depending on what you're searching and how you find it,  there may be some possibilities in doing some searches while still premium,  and creating ToC (table of content) notes with the results.  The note links from the ToC will still work,  even if the search no longer does.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005667

Thanks greatly, gazemped.  Really appreciated!

It makes all sense that Evernote doesn't comment much on this.  But knowing that it has functioned in the past helps.  Already indexed on their server, I was hoping it would work, but wasn't confident.

I have many 10s of gigs uploaded on a number of projects that I will be working on for a long while.  It may be as late as next May when I can resub.  

I have cancelled the sub, and come mid-December, basic will kick in, and I will know for sure.  But it is good to have hope....

Gathering the more crucial components that I will be working on over the next few months into ToCs is a great idea.  Also working on making sure the most crucial things are fully tagged.

Thanks!  I think I can survive this!

Archived