Time limit for voice recording

• Level 5*

Hi.  Depends on the file format and the app you're using,  plus your account level.  The limit is the maximum note size.  Basic is 25MB, so keep your recording file size to 20MB or less and you should have no issues.  Do a test recording of some background noise in a spare half-hour and check the file size - that should give you an accurate base from which to calculate reasonable intervals. If you need to record for longer - use a third party app to record the audio and select lower quality levels / edit it down to size. 

Thanks for responding. I'm on the free/basic plan right now and using an iPhone 5s. What I was trying to understand is how the 25MB or 50MB file size equates to actual time of recording. Is that why you're suggesting I do some sample recordings to see just how long it takes to accumulate 20MB?

• Level 5*

No problem.  Yes - the size of a recording depends on things like preset quality and the file format.  Mobile apps tend to be pretty good with compression so you should (I imagine) be able to get 30-60 minutes without any problem.  But a test will confirm what size file 30 minutes produces,  and all other times will be pretty accurately proportional.  Don't know if you can change the quality (or would want to) but dropping the quality will give you a smaller file.

Archived