Evernote for iOS 7.9 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released Evernote for iOS 7.9 this morning, and it should be available to everyone in the App Store shortly.

This release contains several new features including sketching in a note, Multitasking (on supported iPads), and iPad Pro & Apple Pencil support as well as various bug fixes and improvements throughout the app.

Sketching:

• Add a colorful sketch to your notes!
  • Read more on our blog: Sketching in Notes Arrives on iPad and iPhone
  • Tap the pen icon in the note editor to enter sketch mode where you can choose pen or highlighter with different sizes and colors to add a quick sketch in-line with the text in your notes
  • Pressure-sensitive ink when sketching on an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus or on an iPad Pro while using the Apple Pencil (iOS 9.1+ only)
  • While editing a sketch, tap twice on the eraser to expose "clear all" if you want to start over
  • Canvas locks orientation once drawn on, but can be rotated manually using the rotate button
  • Tap the selection tool to outline an area to copy or cut
  • Long press on selection to Copy/Cut or Paste when using the selector tool
  • Sketch images will automatically crop out unused space above and below the ink on the drawing canvas when saved into your note
  • Tap an existing sketch in a note to edit
  • Known issue: receivers of shared individual notes with sketches cannot edit the sketches (this will be fixed in a future release) - however sketches in notes in shared notebooks are editable by receivers

Multitasking:

• For specific iPads running iOS 9.x, Evernote now supports Slide Over and/or Split View modes!
    • Slide Over available on iPad Mini 2, 3, 4,  iPad Air, Air 2, and iPad Pro
    • Split View available on iPad Mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro
  • Drag from the right side of your screen to open Evernote while using another app, or drag to open another app to use when you're in Evernote
  • Evernote will layout appropriately based on the screen width and device orientation
  • Note: Camera is only available in full-screen mode

iPad Pro & Apple Pencil support:

• Bigger than ever, Evernote works great on the iPad Pro in full screen or mutltasking modes
  • Grab an Apple Pencil and sketch in your notes

Additional improvements:

• Work Chat threads have a Chat/Details toggle at the top that replaces the info button in addition to several bug fixes
  • Note: Work Chat messages database will be fully down-synced on upgrade
  • Username no longer jumps when going to the password field on sign in
  • iPad Snippets view once again allows showing tags
  • Fixed crash when Peek into read only note on home screen
  • Fixed multiple reminder notifications issue
  • Formatting popover above keyboard shortcut bar on iPhone now disappears when you start typing

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

9 replies to this idea

Hey cifip,

Like I wrote in the request for handwriting thread, OUTSTANDING job! I know that this feature was just implemented, but I would really like a better writing utensil selection i.e. pencil, pen, marker, etc. I would also really like to also see options for paper types, finishes, and colors like the Bamboo Paper offers. Just wanted to add what I would like to see implemented in the upcoming versions. Thanks again for listening to your users and great job!!

Cheers,

Jared

Great! Thank you!

One thing: sketch updates changes the parts of the note - means

----

a) text

b  ) sketch 1

c) text

d) sketch 2

---

If I make changes in sketch 1 the order in the note is after the update

a) text

b ) text

c) sketch 2

d) sketch 1

I give credit where credit is due... This is a huge feature. Thank you for adding it. I would only ask one thing: The sketching is separate from the text in the note. That isn't bad, in and of itself, but it has the limitation of not being able to circle or draw on existing text. Any drawings would take place beneath it. Not the end of the world, but something I would definitely find useful.

I'd also through in support for Pencil by 53 as well. 

But great work! You have definitely brought me back to Evernote from OneNote for the majority of my note-taking!  :)

Archived