Evernote Mac application caching issue

Gerry Scullion

Idea

I'm a Business account user.

I have had serious issues with the application this week not syncing properly. When I add or edit groups of notes (adding, then adding new tag) - the tags don't get updated. After trying several times, I then went to the browser version, only to see my changes had made their way to the browser.

Same goes for tags. I removed all of my My Tag options (as multiple versions of the same tag were showing as options inside tagging a note). I remove them all, then close my app, and restart it. My Tags have reappeared.

Seriously concerning.

Anyone else experiencing similar caching issues? Browser based in much better naturally (quicker, and better for a "source of truth")

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

I've seen numerous sync issues reported over time.

This could be due to poor design, bugs, and (of course) user error.

Evernote sync is not as robust, bullet-proof as it should be.

I have found the following to be helpful in preventing sync issues:

1. Use multiple short Notes rather than one long Note that has many/frequent edits
  2. It is best to consistently manually sync, and sync often, especially after:
    1. Entry/Edit of an important note
    2. End of Session BEFORE you close or put your machine to sleep
    3. End of Day
    4. Start using a different device
      1. Even if you notice the Sync icon spinning on EN iOS when you switch to the app, do a manual sync anyway after it finishes spinning
      2. I have noticed that the initial sync does NOT always do a full sync.
      3. I'm not sure about Android devices, but I would do the same just to be safe.

Put simply, be sure to manually sync before and after using each device.

If you find none of this fixes your sync issue, you may want to use EN Support Chat since you are a Business account user.

EN Chat is probably the fastest way of getting direct support from Evernote.

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

Archived