Note format settings

I have set default note format settings.  I want all text to be in this format unless I manually change it.  I have changed the settings to the format I want, but my problem is that when I copy text from an email or the web and there is formatting, it uses the formatting from that site or email and not the format I have set.  This is such a pain in the ass!  Especially if there is some background color set.

So my question is this: Is there a way to set the format of text even if are copying from another source so the text is always using the default text setting unless I manually make formatting changes?

• Level 5*

So my question is this: Is there a way to set the format of text even if are copying from another source so the text is always using the default text setting unless I manually make formatting changes?

Have you tried CMD+SHIFT+V ?

This should paste the text using the format at the location where you paste it.  (paste and match style).

Also, after you paste, you can select the text and "Simplify Formatting" using CMD+SHIFT+F

If you don't select any text, this will Simply Formatting for the entire Note.

I use this a lot and find it works very well.

Archived