Feature request - the EN equivalent of OS X desktop Spaces

Quick Context from OS X El Capitan feature list:

"...Mission Control also enables you to switch quickly between different desktops – or Spaces to which you have assigned specific applications."

Mac-OS-X-Lion-desktop-spaces_6.jpg

EN problem:

I have too many notes/notebooks/tags/etc... and though the search function is amazing, i'm often overwhelmed.

The search function is top notch, but simply seeing this many notes/notebooks is stressful visually.

solution:

If there were a way to cut the clutter of notebooks/notes I made years ago & filter my search based on the time I made it (similar to how you can google search something that was posted the last year/month/24 hours), then I wouldn't be overwhelmed.

conclusion / feature request:

Each year (or whenever my EN gets too cluttered for my liking), I'd like an option to re-build my evernote from the ground up.  Here's what this actually looks like - on the left side EN panel, there will be a new column (just like Notes / Notebooks / Tags , etc) that says "Dimensions" (or spaces or whatever EN calls it) that has my 2014 build of evernote notebooks/notes/tags, 2013 build, etc.

In terms of adjusting the depth of the SEARCH function, you can toggle in preferences which of your dimensions you'd like the search to cover - whether it be the present one you're working within or all of them combined.

Presently, to prevent feeling overwhelmed by all my accumulated notebooks & notes, I've been making separate EN accounts.  But my premium purchase only works on one of them... so the added feature of 'Dimensions' would solve that problem :)

Make sense?  Would any of you users appreciate the benefit of this?  Or not so much?  

• Level 5*

There are a number of search parameters that you can use to search by differing time periods. You could try setting up a few of these as a saved searches to quickly filter your content. This only works at note level but most likely you end up with close to the same results...https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php

Archived