Web clipper hanging on many sites

More often than not, when I try to clip a web page, the note I end up with is just the clipping icon and the word "clipping..."

This seems to happen most frequently on pages that are graphics-heavy. On my desktop version, I always use "simplified article" to avoid these complications, but can't seem to find that option on Android. Is there something I'm missing?

And, if "simplified article" is not available for Android, anyone know of a way to prevent this hanging?

Asus TF700

Jellybean

Chrome browser

• Level 5*

The current clipper is prone to hang on in this state,  even though the note has already been clipped in full.  Do you need to stay on that page after clipping has finished?  Closing or reloading the tab gets rid of both page and clipper.  Evernote are (I believe) working on clipper issues.

• Level 5*

Sorry - should have read your original post a little more carefully...  when this happens are you on wifi,  or mobile data;  and is your connection a good one?  I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the clipper (means the whole app now..) and retrying - if you still have issues, raise it as a support request: click 'Troubleshoot' in the Help Center (link in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page - click the Contact Support button.

Happens on wifi with a strong, fast connection. Going to try on a different browser (Chrome on Android is pretty bad, which is ironic), then reinstall. If that doesn't help, I'll submit a support ticket. But I'm a free user, so don't know how responsive support will be.

Archived