Weird line breaks when copying text from other text editors

I am experiencing a frustrating formatting issue.

1. I create a document in a plain text editor (e.g. Text Edit or Writer for Mac).

2. I copy the document into Evernote, and it looks fine. See the screenshot for an example.

post-274115-0-56452100-1446052206_thumb.

3. I try to print the document, or share the note with a public link, and there are loads of weird line breaks in all the wrong places.

post-274115-0-08414000-1446052269_thumb.

I have tried everything I can think of, including making the original document plain text in the text editors, but no matter what I do Evernote seems to be able to find some kind of line breaks that don't exist in the original documents.

• Level 5*

I am experiencing a frustrating formatting issue.

I try to print the document, or share the note with a public link, and there are loads of weird line breaks in all the wrong places.

. . .

I have tried everything I can think of, including making the original document plain text in the text editors, but no matter what I do Evernote seems to be able to find some kind of line breaks that don't exist in the original documents.

While this is a known issue, you may want to try the latest EN Mac Beta to see if it is fixed for you:

See Evernote for Mac 6.2 Beta 4 Released 

If this beta does NOT fix the issue, then please post in the Beta 4 thread so (hopefully) Evernote can fix before making the Ver 6.2 production release (GA).

Archived