Alexander Schatten

Query for "web clipper" source not working reliably

I tried to select all notes made with Webclipper. "source:web.clip" finds only about 70% of the notes that actually were clipped from the browser. It is quite annoying when a query processor is not reliable. Makes it pretty useless when you cannot trust the results... 

As a matter of interest - if you couldn't find all the web clipped notes,  how'd you know that only about 70% were found?  I'd say the experience merits a support request  - choose "troubleshooting" in the Help Center (link in my sig) and scroll down to 'Contact Support'.

That is easily explained: I actually tagged notes I clipped with the tag "webclip". Now I count the number of notes tagged like that and compared it with the number resulted by the query mentioned above. the query results in a significantly lower number. 

It obviously might be the case that I forgot to tag some clips, but I certainly did not tag so many notes as "clipped" wrongly.

(this is also the background of my story: I wanted to stop the tagging, but as the query results are wrong this does not pan out for me)

• Like 2