(Archived) Photos in evernote w/ipod touch??

ALAINR

Idea

6 replies to this idea

how do i get photos into evernote w/the ipod touch? i also have a mac.

the touch does not have a camera.

I guess I don't understand your question. AFAIK, you can't add photos into EN using the Touch, since it doesn't have a camera & therefore the camera roll. Any photos you've added to the Touch via iTunes would be on your desktop, so you would drag & drop the photos into EN from the desktop. Once they are in EN, you would be able to view them with the Touch. (Assuming you either have WIFI and/or the image(s) "favorited" and/or the image(s) are in an offline notebook (premium account only.))

Wait, I checked the photos in photo library. You can email them to your Evernote account, if you don't have copies on your desktop. At least that's an option on the iPhone. Probably just easier/faster to do it from the desktop, if you have very many.

I've got an iPod touch and it has the camera roll. So, I was able to create a new note based on a picture in my camera roll.

The problem is getting the pics into the camera roll in the first place. I think you can email to yourself and get there somehow, plus I recall being able to take a screenshot and have it go there too.

Correct, the iPod touch DOES have a camera roll, which can be filled with saved images (from emails, etc.) as well as screenshots.

Evernote should allow you to add a new Note from Camera Roll, if you have any images stored in your camera roll.

Evernote should allow you to add a new Note from Camera Roll, if you have any images stored in your camera roll.

Interesting because EN on the iPhone does allow you to add photos from the camera roll. But it doesn't let you pick from the photo library.

FWIW, IME, it's still faster to go directly to the camera roll & email the image to my EN account, rather than upload from within the EN app, at least on my 3G.

Archived