Why isn’t the iOS app the same as the Android app?

adamdwright

Idea

In short, i hate the design. It forces me to click too much (looking for the notebook I want to save something in) and it causes me to type too much (typing said notebook under the notebook search).

Solution: Dragging and dropping is so much simpler, convenient, fun and requires less thought.

What it'd look like: User can save four DEFAULT NOTEBOOKS at the top of the app - which are horizontally laid out notebook icons.

Under that horizontal notebook line is your "+NOTE" button.  Aside it is a "+Audio note" Since after all, making an audio note on my iphone is far preferred over typing.

So, I simply click the +Audio Note button... record a 20 minute meeting. Then, after I click the 'stop record' button - it appears as an AUDIO NOTE ICON under the four default notebook icons on the main page - and I get to press and drag it into one of the default notebooks.

That's the evernote app I dream of. That's the evernote app I lust for.  The current ios UI is cumbersome and wishes it was TRON or something.

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

- One of the reasons I favour minimal notebooks (I have 25,  and 24 of those are more or less temporary) and don't routinely use Tags is that my mobile set up is still quite accessible.  Not to say that I don't agree that stacks and tag hierarchies should be visible on mobiles,  where they're (even more) essential. 

The Android app looks about 300 times better than the current iOS app.

Having all the menus slide in and out from the side, the quick add button, the starting with notes rather than menus --  all amazing. From what I can see it’s near perfect for my uses with only one minor tweak—I would add audio notes as an option for the quick add button. (Dream feature would be for audio notes to work like they do in Google’s Keep app--including the actual audio and a transcription.)

If the material design was brought to iOS I would start actually using the app again instead of relying on third part apps like Drafts to get what I need.

Fingers crossed.

• Level 5*

You guys know you can have audio note as one of the "+" button options in Android by long pressing the button,  or going through settings,  right?  And the extra note types are under the paperclip icon on the edit note menu bar.

this is an ios discussion. not android 

You guys know you can have audio note as one of the "+" button options in Android by long pressing the button,  or going through settings,  right?  And the extra note types are under the paperclip icon on the edit note menu bar.

Nice with some suggestions for a problem you have... but I cannot agree... I have lots of notebooks and use an _inbox as a default notebook for new notes and forwarded e-mails... so I get loads of notes into my Evernote _inbox.. 

Storing them in the right notebook on my iPad is super fast... just type a few keys and the right notebook is there... while the drag/drop suggestion is nice for a few notebooks it will take up screen space and cannot compete in speed.

good to hear. fair enough. maybe the subject of this thread should instead read: Making an audio note is an unimpressive, slow, lackluster experience on the ios version of evernote. You have to open the app, then open a note, then scan the entire screen to find the damn button... 

Nice with some suggestions for a problem you have... but I cannot agree... I have lots of notebooks and use an _inbox as a default notebook for new notes and forwarded e-mails... so I get loads of notes into my Evernote _inbox.. 

Storing them in the right notebook on my iPad is super fast... just type a few keys and the right notebook is there... while the drag/drop suggestion is nice for a few notebooks it will take up screen space and cannot compete in speed.

Can Evernote for iOS (iphone 6s) still call itself a productivity app ... when it does not allow to put the Reminders section on its start screen?

Evernote for Android has had Reminders on its start screen for ages.

Archived