Note titles no longer editable with Windows version 5.9.1.8742

ArtC_Girl

This is a very disabling feature of the newest update to Evernote for Windows.  I can no longer edit my note titles in Evernote Windows Desktop version 5.9.1.8742.  I have always saved my Skitched notes to my Windows Evernote with the web address as the note title for easy copy/paste access to the webpage.  This function no longer works for my Skitched notes (which make up 99% of my notes). 

I have to switch back and forth between the web browser version of Evernote and the Windows version in order to work on what I could previously do exclusively with the Windows version, which adds precious time to a job that was previously very quick and easy. 

Now, I must Skitch, then save to Evernote, then go to web Evernote to paste link as note title. 

Then later when I am ready to use the note, I then go back to Windows Evernote in order to drag/drop Skitched note where I am using it, then go back to web Evernote to copy link (becuase although the link now shows up as the note name, I cannot select and copy it), then go to where I am working to paste url back in.  This is kind of ridiculous. 

I submitted a support ticket last night, but so far have not received any communication from Evernote about it.  As a Premium user, I would hope for more timely attention. Ticket number is #1275496

• Level 5*

Hi.  Well, the good news is that note titles should be easily accessible,  and I understand the words 'Skitched note web address' but not necessarily in that order...

I've flagged your ticket for an Admin to take a look - hopefully you'll get a response soon,  but Support isn't working (AFAIK) over the weekend,  so it may take 2-3 days...

Meantime can you explain exactly what your ideal workflow was,  and how things have changed recently?

Skitched note web address = the website address from which I Skitched the content

Hi.  Well, the good news is that note titles should be easily accessible,  and I understand the words 'Skitched note web address' but not necessarily in that order...

I've flagged your ticket for an Admin to take a look - hopefully you'll get a response soon,  but Support isn't working (AFAIK) over the weekend,  so it may take 2-3 days...

Meantime can you explain exactly what your ideal workflow was,  and how things have changed recently?

Ideal workflow:

1.  Skitch content, copy "url of skitched content"

2.  Go to Evernote (Windows Desktop) and sync

3.  Rename note named "skitch" by selecting and pasting "url of skitched content"

4.  Note is saved until future use

5.  Future use of note = open Evernote, access note, drag/drop note to new location

6.  Copy note name (now "url of skitched content")

7.  Paste url as link to content in new location

CHANGES:

1.  Skitch content, copy "url of skitched content"

2.  Go to Evernote (Windows Desktop) and sync

3.  NOW: Go to Evernote (web version), wait for it to "sync" to rename note named "skitch" by selecting and pasting "url of skitched content"

4.  Note is saved until future use

5.  Future use of note = open Evernote (Windows Desktop), access note, drag/drop note to new location

6.  NOW: Go to Evernote (web version... wait for notes to refresh) to copy note name ("url of skitched content")

7.  Paste url as link to content in new location

I do this a LOT, and this just adds up to more time when going back and forth from web version to Windows version

If the delay is being caused by EN web updating slowly,  have you tried reverting to the 'old' EN Web via the settings page? (via your name bottom left on the side panel).

No, the delay is being caused because I cannot edit the title of the Skitched note within Windows Desktop EN version 5.9.1.8742.  I do not understand taking away that functionality.  I could always edit my note titles up until the last update. 

Yes, and I finally got a response from support saying they know about the bug.  It is apparently something that happens only with Skitch notes.  There is a workaround by clicking the info ("i") link above the note and entering the new title.  At least there is a way, even if it takes a couple more clicks!

Archived