Someone else's notes?

Notes keep appearing in my inbox which were not put there by me. They are all tagged as coming from Pinterest and appear to have been chosen by a young adult female with interests in fashion, crafts, interior decor and food (I am a middle-aged man with no interest in any of those subjects, apart from food!). Where do they come from? How do I stop them? I would be grateful for any advice.

• Level 5*

Hi.  No-one has the ability to add notes to your account besides yourself,  and if these are in your notebooks,  then you don't have access to anyone else's account.  It is possible that someone else has access to your computer?  If they were 'clipping' these pages from Pinterest using a browser to which you also have access,  their web clips might be going to your account.  Besides that outside chance I can only think that somehow a link has been set up between your account and Pinterest,  using a service like IFTTT. 

Check online - log in to Evernote and have a look your Settings > Applications page https://www.evernote.com/AuthorizedServices.action

This lists the devices and services that have access.  If you see anything you don't recognise,  just block access.

• Level 5*

Is it possible these are notes that have been emailed into your account?  It might be possible that your Evernote email address may have inadvertently gotten out and picked up by someone accidently.  If you think that is it, you can change your EN email address by logging into your account on the web and go to account -> summary -> email notes to.

Archived