Searching bookmarks from browser address bar

Hi.

i was looking for a way to have my bookmarks available on different OS/browsers and I found some posts referring me to Evernote. So I decided to give it a go.

I was able to save some bookmarks in a specific notebook but now I'd like to know how am I able to search for these bookmarks right from the browser's address bar?

Any ideas? Is this possible at all?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Pedro

• Level 5*

Hi.  You could use the web version of Evernote (login via Evernote.com) to open the note and search within that note,  but searching directly from the address bar is not possible.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Does that apply only to searching within one note? I ask this because if I use the Web Clipper extension to save bookmarks it will create a new note for that bookmark. So, I was looking to search from my bookmarks notebook for a specific note (in this case note = bookmark).

Does this limitation still apply?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro

• Level 5*

Hi again - yes,  afraid so.  If you select all your individual shortcut notes in Evernote and create a Table of Contents note listing the titles of,  and with links to,  all of them,  you could place a shortcut to that note on your desktop,  save a shortcut to it into Evernote,  or Copy Note Link and save that as a browser shortcut so you can open the ToC from your browser;  but you still have to open that note,  or an Evernote note of some sort first,  before finding the link to your external page.

Archived