Request: Presentation mode for Android Tablet

Jox

Idea

I love Evernote and I pay for premium and I have just noticed that on iphone/ipad/ipod versions you can use the presentation mode - We need this on Android too! (or cheaper rate for premium if we can't have all the features!!)

The 'Apple-centric' approach is one thing that I don't like about Evernote... IMHO Android is  better.  ;) 

34 replies to this idea

8 hours ago, Rpfc said:

Hi Evernote. Over 2 years now. Care to shed some light on the (yet unfulfilled) promise you made or just ignore it as usual...?

Does the Evernote staff even notice how many users comment on their lack of transparency? 

You can't read even a single thread without someone remarking that Evernote staff ignore user feedback, don't reply to user requests, or pretend like we don't exist. 

This is exactly why some of us are growing a little grouchy about this whole thing.

• Level 5*
On 14/06/2016 at 10:28 PM, Coach Wade said:

Does the Evernote staff even notice how many users comment on their lack of transparency? 

You can't read even a single thread without someone remarking that Evernote staff ignore user feedback, don't reply to user requests, or pretend like we don't exist. 

This is exactly why some of us are growing a little grouchy about this whole thing.

I'm kinda seeing a theme here..  Evernote staff do contribute to forum threads,  and spend a fair amount of time fixing the bugs they see reported - look at any new release thread for more on that.  The hard cold commercial fact is that Evernote will deal first with whatever annoys their users the most,  or might bring the best return for time & resources invested in developing a new feature.  There are thousands of bugs and feature requests - why should yours be first in the queue?

On 6/15/2016 at 8:06 PM, gazumped said:

I'm kinda seeing a theme here..  Evernote staff do contribute to forum threads,  and spend a fair amount of time fixing the bugs they see reported - look at any new release thread for more on that.  The hard cold commercial fact is that Evernote will deal first with whatever annoys their users the most,  or might bring the best return for time & resources invested in developing a new feature.  There are thousands of bugs and feature requests - why should yours be first in the queue?

Yes, the theme is that Evernote ignores their users and does whatever the hell they want to do. Fine. With this latest asinine announcement by the world's stupidest and most incompetent software management staff, Evernote will be circling the drain in a few months. 

They have a broken product, and now to force people to buy their product that they have demonstrated no intention of fixing, their solution is to botch it up even more by demanding that users pay for the use of the (Broken! It doesn't friggin' work right!) product on more than two devices. 

May I recommend that the Evernote staff stop taking meth? 

On 13/10/2015 at 0:20 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  I have the current Android beta and it has presentation mode - though I believe we've had that for a while.  What's to the left of the 'search' magnifying glass on your top Evernote menu bar? 

- And Evernote really isn't Apple-centric.  Lots of stuff works on Android/ Windows that doesn't on iOS/ MacOS and vice-versa.  Different OS's mean different features sometimes,  is all...

What you say maybe true depending on your point of view.

Why so long in comimg to android, this would be a very userful feature.

On 16/06/2016 at 9:06 AM, gazumped said:

There are thousands of bugs and feature requests - why should yours be first in the queue?

Fairly simple, because they made a clear statement they would do so, whereas other requests are not commented on (Evernote policy)...  Their words, not the community. 

I expect them to deliver on that promise. 

• Level 5*

The lack of visible progress suggests that either 1) it was a lot more difficult to deliver than they anticipated,  or 2) some or all of the team got reassigned to 'more urgent' fixes. 

I'm on the Android beta and it's still missing so far,  but that doesn't mean that a final release couldn't include it... maybe...

It's time. This feature should be available on Evernote for Android. Waiting for a feature that's been available on other platforms for years makes me feel like Evernote does not prioritize me or my platform choices as a customer. With the price hikes I expect some significant feature improvements, and this one is near the top of my list.

On 08/11/2015 at 3:49 PM, Rpfc said:

Officially promised by Evernote a fair while ago (May 2014) that it was "coming soon to Android".

Soooo....  :mellow::mellow::mellow: 

Hi Evernote. Over 2 years now. Care to shed some light on the (yet unfulfilled) promise you made or just ignore it as usual...?

On 9/18/2016 at 11:43 PM, URaDroidIMaNoid said:

You should post on this thread. Make sure to click the up button above the counter in the upper left corner of the screen. We are only at 20 up votes so far.

I did post in this thread. In fact you have shared the link to the very same thread I posted in! I also mentioned that I have already voted up this thread.

On 10/21/2015 at 9:57 AM, AdmiralP said:

Android Presentation Mode would probably encourage me to upgrade from Plus to Premium subscription...

I would definitely upgrade to Evernote premium if the presentation mode supported Android smart phones (not just tablets).

On 05/07/2016 at 3:40 PM, defpotec said:

It's time. This feature should be available on Evernote for Android. Waiting for a feature that's been available on other platforms for years makes me feel like Evernote does not prioritize me or my platform choices as a customer. With the price hikes I expect some significant feature improvements, and this one is near the top of my list.

I completely agree, I would love to get this feature for my Android phone and or tablet. I think it would be very useful at work since I often have to do presentations, and have to continue to rely on powerpoint instead, since this feature is still not available on Android, despite the app having been released on Android years ago, and this feature having been available on iOS YEARS ago. I also voted thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have the current Android beta and it has presentation mode - though I believe we've had that for a while.  What's to the left of the 'search' magnifying glass on your top Evernote menu bar? 

- And Evernote really isn't Apple-centric.  Lots of stuff works on Android/ Windows that doesn't on iOS/ MacOS and vice-versa.  Different OS's mean different features sometimes,  is all...

• Level 5*

Sorry - having extreme brain fade here.  The icon I'm looking at is the chat icon,  not presentation;  and Beta won't give it to you either.  We are still waiting for this in Android. 

Going to lie down now...  :unsure:

I work in Evernote. Part of colleagues unfortunately did not. I could show slides on a tablet with Android in meetings (even on the micro-projector). In addition to the feature presentation on android I would expect the presentation of the web. At the moment, I remain presentations G .... keep my fingers crossed for development

• Level 5*

Still missing in the recent update and current beta,  but unless they're getting demands from elsewhere,  we're showing 13 whole votes for Android presentation mode over 6 months.  More a subdued murmur than an actual clamor.  I think they'll be prioritising more urgent stuff for a while..

I will also migrate to the Plus plan next year since I barely use Windows and I can't use the presentation mode in Android. You guys created an amazing feature! And we all want that in every device possible! :)

It'd be so nice to make a presentation using a chromecast!

Archived