[List view] See my remarks that I've entered from Clip To Evernote

• Level 5*

Hi.  Short answer - no.  If you could include your remarks (or at least keywords) in the title,  or as tags,  then they would appear in the List layout.  Otherwise they'll be in the body of the note,  so may be visible in Snippet or Card view?

• 7 months later...

What would be very useful is if the remarks appeared when you hovered your cursor over the list title. I use clip remarks too as an aide memoir to why I clipped them (in case it's a while before I look at them etc). The comment about including it in the title is a little clunky to say the least, and kind of defeats the purpose of having the remarks option in the first place, don't you think?.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 11/06/2016 at 3:13 PM, Reged said:

What would be very useful is if the remarks appeared when you hovered your cursor over the list title. I use clip remarks too as an aide memoir to why I clipped them (in case it's a while before I look at them etc). The comment about including it in the title is a little clunky to say the least, and kind of defeats the purpose of having the remarks option in the first place, don't you think?.

Hi.  The purpose of having the remarks option is to add comments to the body of the note,  which is exactly what it does.  If you add 'keywords' - a kluge spelling of the content type(s) - you should be able to find any such comments with the existing and pretty comprehensive search feature.  Instead of "recipe" forinstance,  since that will occur in any number of situations,  you could use "_recipe" in your remarks and and search for the underline+word.  Same effect if you add such terms to the title.  I tend to write a paragraph or two (or three) sometimes in this area,  so I wouldn't want the content coming up in a pop-up or anywhere else than in the note. 

Having the text in a 'remarks' box means it's not subject to the random style of the underlying email or web page.

If you want to test what general support this idea has,  try raising it as a feature request in the Feedback forum for your OS.

Archived