Exporting to HTML - why is it in reverse order to what I want?

Hi there

I'm fairly new to Evernote so apologies if I'm asking a repeat question, I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Within the application, my notes are ordered by Title.

When I export to HTML they seem to come out in reverse order (possibly also coincidentally in date order with newest first).

I need the export to keep the order of the notes by title (or by date, oldest first - though this might not be so useful if I add things to the order later on).

I am exporting the whole notebook - which is what I want - and then opening in Word. My notes are titled like "Chapter 01 scene 01," and so on.

When I export, the notes effectively read backwards starting with the highest first - ie Chapter 03 scene 05 and then counting down from there.

What am I doing wrong?

:blink:

AH HA! I knew this would happen!

I think I might have solved my own question. 

Instead of exporting whole notebook, I go into the notebook, highlight all the notes I want, in the order I want them, then click export notes.

Bit of a faff but it seems to have solved the issue - unless anyone has a more streamlined approach?

• Level 5*

AFAIK the export will follow the order of the notes on screen - if your notebook is in alphabetic order by title on screen,  that's what you should get as the output.  If you click on the word "title" in the List view window it should reverse the sort you see,  so try exporting the notes in the 'correct' order,  then reverse sort and try again - see if either of those is how you need them.  If they both come out in the same date order,  something would appear to be broken somewhere...

AFAIK the export will follow the order of the notes on screen - if your notebook is in alphabetic order by title on screen,  that's what you should get as the output.  If you click on the word "title" in the List view window it should reverse the sort you see,  so try exporting the notes in the 'correct' order,  then reverse sort and try again - see if either of those is how you need them.  If they both come out in the same date order,  something would appear to be broken somewhere...

Yes - I tried both of those things and it didn't appear to make a difference. They still came out in reverse title order.

I don't think I'm tech savvy enough to check to see if anything is "broken," though 

Archived