Evernote Moleskine Stickers - How to use more than one per page?

Hello All,

Just experimenting with the Evernote Moleskine notebook.

Scenario, I write a page and place two stickers on it. The 'action' near the top of the page and the 'work' lower down the page. Both of these stickers are assigned to save to different Notebooks within Evernote.

When captured, Evernote correctly tags the page.

However, it only ever saves into my ToDo notebook (associated with my action sticker) and does not save to my Work notebook (associated with the work sticker), regardless of where these stickers are placed on the page.

So my questions are...

1. Can Evernote save one capture in multiple notebooks?

2. If not, how do I determine which sticker and notebook is given priority?

To clarify, if I place just one sticker and capture the page it is tagged and saved to the relevant notebook. If I add the 'action' sticker, it ignores the other sticker and always saves to my ToDo notebook, with action and work tags.

Many thanks :)

Hi Dave

It doesn't look like you can, I usually tag the stickers to whichever notebook I want it to save to, but I have never tried to save to multiple notebooks, I'm not sure you can say which would be the dominant sticker , if you get my drift, one for Evernote, sorry couldn't help, I'm going to try to see if I can, if it works I'll let you know

Hi Dave

It doesn't look like you can, I usually tag the stickers to whichever notebook I want it to save to, but I have never tried to save to multiple notebooks, I'm not sure you can say which would be the dominant sticker , if you get my drift, one for Evernote, sorry couldn't help, I'm going to try to see if I can, if it works I'll let you know

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I will experiment some more too.

Having done some more tests, it seems that the yellow and green stickers seem to take priority. Tagging always works as expected.

However, saving to a specific notebook is near on impossible or a mystery when I have more than one sticker on a page.

If any user or perhaps Evernote could explain how to determine which notebook is saved to when more than one sticker is used? or indeed if there is any priority given to sticker colour and/or placement? That would be very helpful.

• Level 5*

Hi. I can see where splitting a note up between two notebooks would be difficult - I've had similar situations with notes,  and my natural action at the time was to take two pictures and assign them to different notebooks.  I didn't even try two stickers on the same page...

Workaround suggestion would be:

• use a tag instead of a 2nd notebook
  • assign a tag which means "this note needs copying into another notebook"
  • take two pictures...

Archived