Simplified Article Written over Website Text

Timmy-T

Using Safari 9.0 on Mac OS 10.10.5.

When I select "simplified article" from the web clipper, the text of the simplified article is being written on top of the text of the web page. That is, the "background" for the simplified article is no longer present. This began happening this morning, with no recent changes to anything on my computer.

I'm attaching a screen clip so you can see exactly what I mean. This happens no matter what site I clip from.post-272311-0-07705400-1444240752_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Ex Employees

Thanks for reporting this. Can you confirm which version of Safari clipper you're running? In addition, does refreshing the page and then launching the clipper again have any effect?

Because I'm an Evernote Plus subscriber, I did submit a ticket (# 1274695). Basically, Evernote was never able to recreate the problem. However, I had the problem on two different macbook pros, one of which was running Yosemite 10.10.5, and the other running El Capitan 10.11. The problem only occurred using Safari, not in Chrome or Firefox.

It appeared to me the problem was caused by activating the web clipper before some feature (or ad) on the web page was fully loaded. By refreshing and waiting to make sure the entire page was loaded, the problem would not occur.

EN WebClipper v6.7 (eeaba56/1.1.0.926), Safari 9.0.1 (11601.2.7.2), Mac OS 10.11.1

for recreating the problem:

1. load some blog article

2. click on EN webclipper button

3. click on option "article w/o formatting" (don't know the exact phrase in english, as i'm using it in german) – no problem, background is there!

4. click on "article"

5. click on option "article w/o formatting" again – NO BACKGROUND!

• Ex Employees

@Timmy-T Thanks for the info. I've definitely been able to reproduce on my end, but it was indeed intermittent. But a big thank you to @romanamor, those steps seem to be a more consistent way to reproduce! That's enormously helpful to us. I'll get with our developers on this and update the thread when I have some more information.

• 1 month later...

I also have this same issue with the clipper on Safari.  I am running El Capitan with clipper 6.7 (eeaba56/1.1.0.926).  I also noticed that if I clip the page when it's having the issue, some of the content gets cut off.  However I found reloading the page and trying again seems to fix the issue.  

Archived