Evernote Conference 2015 - October

So last year's conference was October 2-3 2014...basically this week a year ago. Has there been a change in plans now that Chris O'Neill is running the show? I can't imagine they would stop this event from happening annually?

Thoughts? Rumors? Facts? Crossing my fingers they just haven't announced it yet.  

• Level 5*

A news story the other day came out saying they wouldn't have it. I don't know. There has been no official word either way, so I would assume nothing is going to happen. They're not like Apple (who is?) -- they can't announce something a few days beforehand and have the world show up at their door :)

• Level 5

In this article Eugene Kim mentions that the annual conference is cancelled this year without mentioning the source of this information. I definitely have not seen any announcement of Evernote on their website but I might have missed it.

• Level 5*

Agree - I don't see this happening in 2015.  The new guy just took over,  they're cutting back on costs and concentrating on core products,  and a conference is a tremendous investment in both money and time.  Not to mention that the starring act from previous years seems to be on a sabbatical.  It would surely send negative messages to the marketplace if Evernote took time out of fixing the wheels back on their wagon to party for a week.  Maybe next year...  ;)

I agree with everything you guys are saying but would like to add that Chris mentioned they were announcing major changes and I don't know how else they would announce those changes (blog?)

Also, the conference in past years has not been a "party" and waste of investment. The purpose of it was to bring intelligent people together who made Evernote better by being creative and integrating external services and ideas with the Evernote engine.

I disagree with the fact it would look bad for the company if they have one. If anything, not having one shows weakness and a total mindset change. I know they hired Chris to bring them public and a conference is the most public thing Evernote has ever done. Idk... there might just be too much going on right now. Maybe they will reschedule.

• Level 5

From Business Insider UK (October 3, 2015)

But perhaps the biggest savings will come from canceling its annual developers conference, called Evernote Conference, which has been held in San Francisco for the past four years. Last year’s conference featured celebrities like the hosts of “MythBusters” and LinkedIn cofounder Reid Hoffman.

“If someone cancels a developers conference, it’s usually a sign that there’s stress around cash management,” said Jason Lemkin, a veteran tech entrepreneur and venture investor. “It doesn't mean the company's going under, but it's usually one of the first things to go.”

Evernote also told us it never intended to have its annual developers conference in the Bay Area this year, because 75% of its users come from outside of the US. Instead, it recently held a 1,500 person event in South Korea and large events in other cities as well.

Archived