Centrallo - a free Evernote alternative

• Evernote Expert

I think one of the great reasons why no one has been seriously able to compete with Evernote, is that, they possibly assume that people would invariably have strong and good connectivity most of the time. They build clients for IOS, Android, and have a Web Interface, but forget building a Native client for windows.. ( which probably is an obsolescent concept, i guess.) But for countries like mine, where we still have to live with 512kbps as native bandwidth, slow speeds, expensive 3g, the heart and bulk of my work is done in Windows, and then I sync up the server wheneever, my Net is good.. 

Maybe, the web interface of these competitor apps are great.. I don't know.. 

But, Barring MS One Note ( which I have tried, and don't like .. THE MS ONE NOTE WEBCLIPPER IS LAUGHABLE :D , I don't think any of the other so called EN competitors have a decent WebClipper, forget having a Native Desktop Applciation.. So for me, Keep, Centrallo, Springpad or whatever == FAIL>.  :rolleyes:

• Level 5*

I think one of the great reasons why no one has been seriously able to compete with Evernote, is that, they possibly assume that people would invariably have strong and good connectivity most of the time. They build clients for IOS, Android, and have a Web Interface, but forget building a Native client for windows.. ( which probably is an obsolescent concept, i guess.) But for countries like mine, where we still have to live with 512kbps as native bandwidth, slow speeds, expensive 3g, the heart and bulk of my work is done in Windows, and then I sync up the server wheneever, my Net is good..

But, Barring MS One Note ( which I have tried, and don't like .. THE MS ONE NOTE WEBCLIPPER IS LAUGHABLE :D , I don't think any of the other so called EN competitors have a decent WebClipper, forget having a Native Desktop Applciation.. So for me, Keep, Centrallo, Springpad or whatever == FAIL>. :rolleyes:

roberta is a centrallo troll. please don't feed her. she's just here to move evernote users to centrallo, and she isn't interested in a discussion. she (maybe a computer program?) pops in every few months on discussion boards to spam folks about the service.

if this is the kind of company users want to get mixed up with, then i'd say give the service a try. personally, i'm pretty sure i'll never use it now, though i was unlikely to do so before roberta came along, because of other red flags.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/66103-alternatives-to-en-discussion/?p=314930

But, Barring MS One Note ( which I have tried, and don't like .. THE MS ONE NOTE WEBCLIPPER IS LAUGHABLE :D , I don't think any of the other so called EN competitors have a decent WebClipper, forget having a Native Desktop Applciation.. So for me, Keep, Centrallo, Springpad or whatever == FAIL>.  :rolleyes:

For you use cases you can take a look on Tagspaces (tagspaces.org). It is completely offline and is basically a file browser with support of note taking and tagging.

Archived