Web Clipper on Safari 9 and El Capitan

chris1288

Clipper has stopped working on Safari 9 El Capitan which I just updated to last night after being released in the App Store. When I click the clipper button in the Safari menu, there is no response. 

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Thanks,

Chris

Edit: This seems to have been a temporary issue, after restarting Safari, clipper seems to be working again. Still not sure what the issue was. 

I just discovered Web Clipper and was so excited! But I've downloaded and when I tried on the site I wanted to use, it has a grey square with a circle of dots rotating round and round.

I'm not a tech person, but here's some info:

the website: https://www.edsurge.com/news

OSX El Capitan version 10.11

Macbook Air, early 2015

Safari 9.0

Oh. I've restarted Safari several times. I even restarted my computer!

Please fix this!

Thanks.

Brand new iMac of 3 weeks. El Capitan. Safari.  Everything up to date.  I am Evernote dependent (OK--addicted!).  Clipped several articles without issue.  Now nothing happens when I click on the elephant head in the tool bar.

Very frustrating!

Posted a short while ago I am having the same issues--no response when attempting to clip an article.  Had tried restarting Safari a couple times without success.  Just restarted the computer and now I have normal function with Web Clipper.  Sounds like an OS compatibility issue!

I uninstalled the web clipper ext I was using and downloaded the current version. I get the same dropdown menu with the new version that I got with the old one. When I go to evernote.com and select web clipper to learn about it, it shows a large green dropdown menu with a lot more options to clip than what I'm getting. I want to be able to clip an article and I can only clip a full screen or a section of the screen. The new version of web clipper I have installed is 6.5.1. 

Is there something I'm doing wrong? When I uninstalled Web Clipper, the logo was still showing in the toolbar before I installed the current version. Even after I uninstalled the extension. I have restarted and restarted and still not getting the correct dropdown.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I just installed the Chrome version and it had the correct dropdown. However, when I select Article, it still only clips basically a screen print, not the whole article on the webpage. And when I try to select a lower portion of the screen to clip, it jumps up to the top of the screen and clips that! 

My problem was resolved. Old age setting in! Although the previous version of Web Clipper's icon still shows in my tool bar, the current version's is next to where the URL of the webpage is shown and it works just fine!

I have the same issue here! 

Can you please take this bug report serious? I just paid another 40€ for getting the pro version and I totally do not accept this bug! It is one of the features that influenced my decision to choose evernote!

Hi. New macbook pro, safari 9.0, latest evernote and safari extension of evernote web clipper. The clipper works for some things, doesn't work for others. no obvious difference in type of web sites it does / doesn't work for. obviously some sort of bug. Anyone got a fix please?

Have tried restarting all applications and mac......

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, no, that idea of clearing cookies, was plausible...

I've got the solution!

Go to safari>Preferences>Privacy

There click remove all website information

All cookies will be deleted and the web clipper will prompt you to sign in again, after that the web clipper will work again

but doesn't work for me. :(  I'm a premium member and will call in support. Groan.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had the same problem since updating to Safari 9.1 and have to restart web clipper and Safari to regain clipping ability.  However, I must do this once or twice daily and never needed to do this in the past.  I have been using Evernote for the past 5-6 years and never had this problem--and the problem reoccurs almost daily.

Please try this:
1. Go to link
2. Click "Download" (click "No thanks, continue to view" if you get the sign-in dialog)
3. Double click to install downloaded file to install the extension

Please let us know how it works for you. Thanks.

On April 6, 2016 at 6:46 PM, rubenb said:

Please try this:
1. Go to link
2. Click "Download" (click "No thanks, continue to view" if you get the sign-in dialog)

Yes, rubenb, your link to an updated extension for Safari 9 works great.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On April 5, 2016 at 8:46 PM, rubenb said:

Please try this:
1. Go to link

Topic is aged, but I tried this anyway and it worked!!!!   Thanks!

I had already submitted a ticket. In my case Webclipper would not let me sign on, when I clicked Sign In nothing happened.

(Safari on OS X El Capitan)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived