El Capitan Support?

First, thanks so much to all who read this! 

I am planning to upgrade to El Capitan this weekend. I've been watching the forms lately and noticed some reported issues with Evernote on 10.11. Specifically the topic "Evernote Mac and El Capitan Issues". It seems like most known issues are being fixed in the 6.2 Beta instead of the 6.1 train. Does Evernote have an officially supported release for 10.11? I am actually still running 5.5.2, which I certain know is ancient, but it runs fantastic! I am definitely planning to update some time in the future, but the stability of my current version is great (had some performance issues testing with these later releases). Anyone updated to 10.11 yet and running EN with no issues? Which version is working best for you? Thanks! 

Upgraded to El Capitan this morning and Evernote for Mac no longer worked on recently purchase iMac. Opened OK and displays most recent notes, but when I click on it, I see the new version of the spinning rainbow disk. Have to Force Quit to close.

Weirdly, after upgrading to El Capitan on MacBook Pro (mid 2012) Evernote worked fine, which gave me the clue on how to resolve.

I realised I'd downloaded Evernote from the website onto the iMac. I removed it (using the Trashme app) and then installed from the App Store. Now on Version 6.1.1 (452254 App Store)

That seems to work fine and is now chugging away downloading my notes.

Chatterer, thanks for your input! That's strange. I have always heard the DL version is preferred over the App Store version.

Metrodon, from what I am seeing on this forum, it looks like the beta version contains most of the 10.11 fixes. I was just concerned with stability issues running beta. 

I am planning to contact Evernote support today, and will post their feedback on here. 

• 1 month later...

Upon upgrade of OSx to 10.11.1, Evernote would hang on launch, becoming unresponsive and requiring a Forced Quit.

Per this thread, I uninstalled Evernote installed via website download and re-installed from the App Store; Evernote is working fine so far.

I've been beta testing OS X 10.11.1 and have been unable to upgrade from EN version 6.0.16 to 6.1 or higher. Has anyone else had this issue, and have you found a reasonable solution?

Thanks in advance.

We had some users reporting similar behavior when attempting to upgrade to 6.1+. Reinstalling the application will help, and the dev team fixed the upgrade issue to prevent it from happening again with future updates.

• 1 month later...

I recently upgraded to El Cap 10.11.1. Since then my EN is showing duplicates of each of my notebooks. But when I try to just delete one of the duplicates, both disappear.  Online only shows one notebook - not duplicates. I've tried uninstalling EN and reinstalling it from the website. That has not resolved it.  Any suggestions?

I recently upgraded to El Cap 10.11.1. Since then my EN is showing duplicates of each of my notebooks. But when I try to just delete one of the duplicates, both disappear.  Online only shows one notebook - not duplicates. I've tried uninstalling EN and reinstalling it from the website. That has not resolved it.  Any suggestions?

Since you're able to see the notebooks correctly on the web client, it sounds like rebuilding the database will help. To rebuild your Evernote for Mac database, follow these steps:

Export unsynced notes and/or local notebooks (if you have any):

1. Select all unsynced notes, or each local notebook, then right-click and select Export Notes…
2. Choose 'Evernote XML Format (.enex)' next to Format, then Save the file to your desktop
      Detailed instructions here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/articles/209005557

Move your existing Evernote database:

1. Open Evernote for Mac
2. Select Evernote > About Evernote
3. Press and hold the Option key on your keyboard and select Open database folder (keep this folder open)
4. Select Evernote > Quit Evernote from the menu bar
5. Move the numbered folder from the database folder to your computer's desktop
     * If you have more than one numbered folder, move each one
6. Open Evernote and log in to your Evernote account

Evernote will download all of your synced notes from the servers and create a new database on your computer. You can then import any exported notes by selecting File > Import Notes from the menu bar.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Archived