No more single task widgets?

With the new Evernote widget for Android, it's not possible anymore to add a single task (1x1) widget to my (home) screen. On my home screen I only have space for 1x1, maybe 2x1, not for a 4x1. Further, I'm only using New text note (probably 'New simple note' now) and Search, so I don't even want to see the other options on my home screen, because it will only take up unnecessary space.
This way, the new widget is quite a productivity killer for me...  :(

With the new Evernote widget for Android, it's not possible anymore to add a single task (1x1) widget to my (home) screen. On my home screen I only have space for 1x1, maybe 2x1, not for a 4x1. Further, I'm only using New text note (probably 'New simple note' now) and Search, so I don't even want to see the other options on my home screen, because it will only take up unnecessary space.

This way, the new widget is quite a productivity killer for me...  :(

mvdweer we have a 1x1 widget available for you to use. Some devices are placing it in the shortcuts section. If you're still not seeing it on your device could you please send me your device model and OS information, as well as any info on any custom launchers you may have installed. Thanks! 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/29/2015 at 3:38 AM, mvdweer said:

Yes, I found out yesterday evening that the 1x1 was not a widget but a shortcut (on the HTC One M9). Happy again  :D

Thanks for your reply anyway. 

That's my phone and I have the same problem.  What is a shortcut and how do I get that?  I'm not looking to add a specific note, but a "Mic" icon so I can record thoughts on-the-fly.  Only have 1x1 worth of space?  An icon like OneNote's would be awesome!

@TJudeWhen I press long on an empty space on one of the screens on my HTC, I get a menu where I can choose the option 'add Apps and widgets' (because I translated this from Dutch, the option you see may be named a bit different). If I do this I see a menu with widgets. In the left top I can press on 'widgets' and select the options 'Apps' or 'Shortcuts'. If I choose 'Shortcuts' I see a number of icons and among it there is an icon called 'Evernote actions'. If I select it I see a screen where I can choose which action it should have. There is also the action 'Audio' for recording audio. Then I can select the Notebook where I want to save the new note and the color of the icon. When I'm ready I press 'Done' at the right bottom of the screen and voila! Hope this works for you too!

On 4/1/2016 at 2:59 PM, mvdweer said:

@TJudeWhen I press long on an empty space on one of the screens on my HTC, I get a menu where I can choose the option 'add Apps and widgets' (because I translated this from Dutch, the option you see may be named a bit different). If I do this I see a menu with widgets. In the left top I can press on 'widgets' and select the options 'Apps' or 'Shortcuts'. If I choose 'Shortcuts' I see a number of icons and among it there is an icon called 'Evernote actions'. If I select it I see a screen where I can choose which action it should have. There is also the action 'Audio' for recording audio. Then I can select the Notebook where I want to save the new note and the color of the icon. When I'm ready I press 'Done' at the right bottom of the screen and voila! Hope this works for you too!

Thanks.  I feel so dumb.  Never knew about Shortcuts - only widgets.  Thanks!

On 4-4-2016 at 5:23 PM, TJude said:

Thanks.  I feel so dumb.  Never knew about Shortcuts - only widgets.  Thanks!

Please, no need at all to feel dumb. I'm glad this works for you too. Just be happy that you learned something new and that you can continue using Evernote, which is a great tool!

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Do you see the general Widgets menu with various options from all your installed apps?

Yes, of course. I see two widgets 4x1 and 4x4 list, but there is no 1x1 widget, like it was on my Galaxy Note 3.

Understand, that this is the question to Xiaomi, but cannot find an answer.

And cannot find shortcuts section in the phone. Permission to create shortcuts is turned on for Evernote.

14 hours ago, luckfinder said:

Yes, of course. I see two widgets 4x1 and 4x4 list, but there is no 1x1 widget, like it was on my Galaxy Note 3.

Understand, that this is the question to Xiaomi, but cannot find an answer.

And cannot find shortcuts section in the phone. Permission to create shortcuts is turned on for Evernote.

Please see my post in this thread on April 1st. There you'll probably find your answer :-)

In short: In the list with the widgets I can press on 'widgets' (it is a drop down menu) and then select the options 'Apps' or 'Shortcuts'. If you select 'Shortcuts' you will find the 1x1 widget for Evernote.

Hope it helps!

• 6 months later...
18 hours ago, DmitryG said:

@mvdweer Unfortunately, your answer is for HTC. At least on Xiaomi Redmi 4A when you select Widgets - there is no dropdown to choose between Apps and Shortcuts

Ah, I'm sorry to read that. There are so many differences between Android phones... Maybe it's with your other shortcuts? I found the 1x1 widget among the shortcuts and not among the widgets... So maybe you just need to look for the shortcuts and not for the widgets. Hope you'll find it!

• 2 months later...

Archived