Evernote for iOS v7.8 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released Evernote for iOS 7.8 this morning, and it should be available to everyone in the App Store shortly.

This release contains new iOS 9 features for all supported devices and 3D Touch features for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus devices.

New for iOS 9:

• Spotlight Search for personal notes
    • This is enabled automatically when you update your device to iOS 9+ and Evernote for iOS v7.8
    • When performing a Spotlight Search, up to three Evernote notes will be shown in the results (based on note title and Apple's algorithm and your personal usage of all of your apps). Tap "show more" to reveal up to 10 total notes.
  • Open linked websites without leaving Evernote with the new Safari View Controller
    • Links in notes, note info, Work Chat, Context, & Business Cards will now open within the app.
    • Safari view controller shares information with Safari, and includes many of Safari’s features, such as Safari AutoFill and Safari Reader
    • Tap “Done” to return to the previous screen

New 3D Touch features for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus:

• Quick Actions from the iPhone Home screen: New Note, Take Photo, and Set Reminder
    • Launch Evernote directly into what you want to do much faster
  • Peek into linked websites with a light press, then press a little deeper to Pop into the site
    • Throughout the app, websites and other information automatically recognized by iOS (i.e. addresses) and converted to links have Peek & Pop functions
    • Peek into a website and Pop into Safari (as opposed to tapping and opening in-app)
    • Peek into an address and Pop into Apple Maps
    • While peeking at a link, swipe up and discover more actions
  • Peek into notes and Work Chats from the Evernote home screen
    • Within the expanded Notes and Work Chat sections of the Evernote home screen you can Peek and Pop into notes and chats
    • While Peeking into a note, slide your finger up to expose more actions such as adding to shortcuts, setting a reminder, or sharing via Work Chat

Additional improvements

• As always, we've squashed a bunch of bugs including the inability to open notes from note lists in Snippets view on iPhone 6s
  • This version supports iOS 8.1 and higher

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

22 replies to this idea

I would like more Apple Watch functionality. Are you planning Glances and Complications for the watch. Ideally, I would like to be able to touch something on my watch face and automatically dictate a new note. Going into the swarm and launching the app and then waiting for it to load and then choosing add note is not ideal.

• Level 5

7.8 text formatting bar is messed up. The bold option is off the screen.  I've quit the app and restarted the phone. No joy.

I'd attach a screenshot but I can't.

iOS 9.0.2

iPhone 5

Hi,

You should be able to get the bold button if you rotate to landscape. We've fixed this in v7.8.1 which was submitted to the App Store last week.

Cheers,

Chuck

Why not use Spotlight search?

This searches notes, only. Spotlight search doesn't search tags or can't do any advanced searching. Also, it's easier to 3D Touch on Evernote and know that I'll get exactly what I'm after... Spotlight search gives so many results for things that aren't Evernote.

Spotlight search is a good first step.

I downloaded the app but the 3D Touch doesn't work. It works on other apps with no problem. Is there something I need to do or is there a bug. Please let me know

Hi,

Can you please advise where it is not working?

Thanks,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck I worked it out. I logged an issue with Evernote and they were getting me to try various things when I noticed another app on my iPhone which had previously been working was also not responding to 3-D touch. This indicated to me that the problem was not with Evernote but perhaps with the phone itself.

I had installed the phone from a back-up so I deleted content and settings on the phone and reinstalled it as a new phone. I downloaded Evernote logged in and 3D Touch was working.

It was a pain in the neck but It solved my problem.

• Level 5

3D touch really nice for he quick actions and the notes peek. I hope to see it work in the Cards or Snippets view of the notes

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be looking to add more 3D Touch actions in future releases.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Level 5

I downloaded the app but the 3D Touch doesn't work. It works on other apps with no problem. Is there something I need to do or is there a bug. Please let me know

Hi,

Can you please advise where it is not working?

Thanks,

Chuck

• Level 5

The message says: unable to download update.

When I use previous version of evernote from my backup, the application works fine.

I have restarted the phone several times, but still unable to download latest update.

Thanks 

Jerzy

Hi Jerzy,

We don't control the app download process - this is entirely within iOS's control.

There are many threads on the Apple iOS discussion boards that may help. This one in particular offers several suggestions to try: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7180044- but your mileage may vary.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

The message says: unable to download update.

When I use previous version of evernote from my backup, the application works fine.

I have restarted the phone several times, but still unable to download latest update.

Thanks 

Jerzy

• Level 5

I am trying to update evernote on my iphone 6 with iOS 9.0.1 since 2 days and always getting error message.

Please advise.

Thanks

Jerzy

Hi Jerzy,

Can you please advise on the contents of the error message that you are getting?

If you are having difficulty downloading from the App Store, please reboot your device and try again (this appears to be an iOS 9 issue that affects apps at random).

Thanks,

Chuck

• Level 5

Hi,

I can't get this update to download to my iPad Air running iOS9.01 - have started a separate thread as didn't see this one so please merge them if you wish!

Any help available or other reports?

Thanks,

Ian

Hi,

I've had problems with other 3rd party apps not downloading on my iPhone 6 running iOS 9 as well. A simple reboot of the device has fixed it for all but one app (non-Evernote).

Please try fully rebooting your device and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Chuck

Archived