cifip

Cannot open notes on iPhone 6s devices

Hi all,

With the release of the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus today, we've discovered an issue with the Evernote for iOS app - the inability to open notes from a note list in "Snippets" view - also reported in the forums here.

We are actively working on a fix and hope to have a new release available shortly.

Meanwhile, there are two workarounds that may help:

Workaround #1:

• From note list - tap overflow menu (. . .) in bottom right
• If within a notebook, tap "Note list options"
• Choose "Cards"

Workaround #2:

From note list - swipe to the left on a note exposing 3 buttons
 Tap the star to add it to Shortcuts

Return to the Evernote app home screen and open the note from the Shortcuts menu

Please let us know if these workarounds don't work for you or if you identify any other issues.

Thanks,

Chuck

• Like 3

Hi all,

With the release of the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus today, we've discovered an issue with the Evernote for iOS app - the inability to open notes from a note list in "Snippets" view - also reported in the forums here.

Chuck,

Thanks for the heads up.

Is the issue will all iPhones/iPads on iOS9, or just with the iPhone 6S and 6S+ ?

Hi all,

Chuck,

Thanks for the heads up.

Is the issue will all iPhones/iPads on iOS9, or just with the iPhone 6S and 6S+ ?

This issue is limited to the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus since they are the only devices with the 3D Touch gesture support.

Cheers,

Chuck

Workaround #1 worked. I hope you will push out an update quickly the restores "Snippets" view. When will 3D Touch gesture support be enabled?

Thanks for the workaround. It was alarming since I use Evernote for church services.

Thanks for the tip - I was panicking!

The problem is also when trying to access notes from the Reminders list - this is the primary way I use Evernote so a fix of this is critical for me please.

Hi all,

Evernote for iOS v7.8 is now available in the App Store. It fixes this issue and includes many new iOS 9 and 3D Touch features.

You can read more about it here: Evernote for iOS v7.8 Released.

Or you can just go download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store and take it for a spin.

Thanks!

Chuck

• Like 1