Synchronizing on Android Witched does not work

Hello,

I am using the new Android List Wichtet but it does not synchronize with the PC-Application. I have to laod the sorting options of the Witched new, than the changed content of a notice is displayed in the witched. Otherwise the content displayed in the widget differs from the content stored in notice. The content in the widget is older.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Is the latest note content available in the notes on your phone,  even though the widget still shows older information?  Or is your phone not syncing properly with Evernote's servers?  I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling both the app and the widget on your phone.  If you have enough storage space,  consider creating a new notebook to which you add any notes you need to see on the phone,  and make that notebook 'Offline Searchable' - ie it will download all the notes to your phone memory so regardless of whether you have a network connection you should see the content.

Hello,

I have done so and reinstalled the app. I have discovered the I have used before Widgets from the Evernote-Widget App. But it works now in both. The Synchronization works but in the widget (both Widgets: from Evernote-Widget or the new list widget) only occurs the old content of the notice. But now (and this is the old behaviour) the widget sight of the notice changes to the current content, when I click on it.

There is now a new version of Evernote on Android. I have updated it. The old EvernoteWidget Application is now diesabled and i use the new List Widget. When I update a notice on the PC it is synchronzed and is shown in the normal Evernote List updated. But not in the Widget. Only when I save the Widget Settings, the notice is updated.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0.

• Level 5*

Hi.  As I explained,  the list widget can only show the last version of the note downloaded to the phone.  If you change the content of a note,  you won't see the new content until you open the note.  You should be able to get around this by setting the notebook containing the note to 'offline searchable' which will download a current copy to the phone,  if you sync both the device on which the changes were made,  and the phone,  before using the widget.

The widget shows not the last version downloaded to the phone. It shows an older one. I have changed the notebook to offline readable, but no change in the behaviour of the widget occurs. I have to press the save button in the widget settings to show the new content. In the normal list view of the evernote app, there is already the new content, but in the widget the content is still old.

• Level 5*

The difference may still be in the timing of updates.  The phone doesn't update in the background - it waits until the app is invoked,  then downloads the latest index and any notes that you request.  If you have syncing set to happen on wi-fi only,  syncs won't happen even when the app is active.  If you have updated a note while the app is off,  you cannot see the 'latest' version.  If that's a requirement,  you need a different app - if you can find one.

But the app is running and on settings I have marked, that the synchronization should work all 30 minutes in background. The marker for "only WIFI" is disabled. The synchonization is done but the result is not shown in the widget. It is only updated in the widget, when I save the settings of the the widget. It is not a bug, that must be corrected immediately, but for the future. The further widget (from evernote widgets) does not show the updated content directly but when I called the single notice in the widget it is updated also in the widget. This is not the fact in the new widget.

A remark: The sequence of the notices shown in the widget changes (the newly updated is the first) but the changed content is not shown in the widget (I have organized the notices so, that they are sorted by the last update time). Means: The change is recognized but the changed content is not displayed by the widget.

Archived