Enter key, backspace key, delete key do not work in certain notebooks

I am on Windows 8 and am having trouble with some of my notebooks. In a note when I try to hit Enter, nothing happens. I can type text, but I cannot put in new line breaks. I can select a range of text any overtype to replace it, but the backspace key does not work, nor does the delete key.

On other notebooks everything is fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  I've seen another report like this recently,  but it's not the general experience with the current Windows client.  Do you have a bluetooth keyboard?  Does this happen with all notes?  Have you tried other devices to see whether the problem is with your account,  or with a specific device you use?

Hello Gazumped. Thanks for replying.

The problem occurs on my desktop where I do most all of my work. It has a regular keyboard attached with a USB.

No, it doesn't happen with all my notes. It only happens with few. One in particular is too big to retype comfortably.

I have tried the same note on my Android tablet and it seems to be OK there. That is particularly bizarre.

I tried copying the text from the problem not and pasting it into another note. The problem is now in this new note.

Any insights or suggestions?

Thanks

• Level 5*

Long notes might also be the problem.  Suggestion would be:  copy the original note - right click the title,  Copy to Notebook,  choose a notebook (could be the same one).  Then Export that note to ENEX - select the note,  then File > Export.  Delete the note you exported,  and Import the same note to a local notebook (that's the default).

Check whether you can edit normally.  If so,  and everything else seems OK,  delete the original and move this new note into its place.

The theory is that there's error-checking built into both export and import,  and once the note has been through both,  any weird codes or minor errors will have been ironed out.

The alternative is to copy and paste the note content into another editor - a plain text one if that's feasible;  then copy/ paste it back into the note.  That should also get rid of coding problems.

If you can,  I'd raise a support request too - it's worth getting an 'official' view on the issues!

• 1 month later...

Hi

I has this problem working within a Table I had pasted in from a Word document

I highlighted the entire note and clicked on 'Format' then 'Simplify Formatting' - this worked perfectly without losing any of the format of the document

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Archived