FEATURE REQUEST: Snooze Notifications

edeuser

Idea

16 replies to this idea

On 11/12/2015 at 5:40 PM, scruggles said:

This isn't currently something we're thinking about, but we can add it to the list. Can you give me some more details about why this would be useful?

This feature would be incredibly helpful. I don't want to be overly dramatic but right now the lack of this feature negates much of the usefulness of Evernote. As I see it Evernote is supposed to be a catch-all for all of the junk in my life, including to-dos, tasks, etc...hence a "reminder function." In other words, whether stated explicitly or not the point of Evernote is increased productivity. But, without a snooze feature, whether I'm working in Evernote or another application when a reminder pops up I have to completely break my workflow and concentration to choose one of two very suboptimal choices: 1) "close" the reminder so that I don't break my workflow...only to know I won't be reminded again later and therefore making the reminder feature useless; or 2) stop what I'm doing so that I can either deal with what the reminder is reminding me to do or reset the reminder for another time. The problem with this is that rather than allowing Evernote to be a tool that helps me get other things done, Evernote ends up being something that demands immediate babysitting. I understand that all apps require a certain amount of maintenance and babysitting...the problem is when it has to happen immediately, forcing the user to choose between the two suboptimal choices I describe above.

• Like 2

At the moment, if the notification pops up at an inconvenient time, a user must go into the app, open the task, reschedule the reminder.  Instead, you can achieve same from the notification bar, quicker and with less interruption to whatever else the user is doing at the time.

• Like 1

At the moment, if the notification pops up at an inconvenient time, a user must go into the app, open the task, reschedule the reminder.  Instead, you can achieve same from the notification bar, quicker and with less interruption to whatever else the user is doing at the time.

Exactly as it was written by edeuser.

I very often use reminders to my notes (almost to all) so there are some situations where I have 5-7 notification pops up on the mobile and.... if it were an delay/snooze option it will be great then I could very quickly snooze my note/task in i.e. 30 minutes. It will be nice if the duration of snooze will be configurable in evernote settings.

Please take this into consideration and put this feature on the top in feature list :) really It is very important feature :)

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

I have been using COL Reminder for Android & find it really user-friendly.

Just started using evernote & found one of the crucial features missing is "Snooze" button. If it could be  incorporated slowly I would like to have only one reminder app and that wud be "evernote"

Till then, i will stick to COL Reminders.

Thanks

• Evernote Expert

You might want to post this suggestion in the appropriate forum thread. You've posted in an archive of discussion for the older Android version which was last added to 4 years ago prior to the release of Evernote v10.  In fact you could use the Feedback option in whichever app you are using and ensure your idea is seen by Evernote staff rather than it being lost in the archive.

If you are really suggesting this for the older Android version then I fear it will go nowhere.  The old version still exists for Android 9 and below devices but it isn't being maintained.